My baby girl is ONE!!
I know everyone says it, but this year has FLOWN by!! I think it went so quickly because I have THREE kids now and I was just SO busy with them and other stuff. Let’s See…on to Miss Katy’s stats!
Height: 31 inches (93%)
Weight: 20 lbs 7 oz (40%)
Head: 18 inches (65%)
Size Clothes: 12 mos & some 18 mos
Size Diaper: 4
Hair: light brown with a SMALL curl…I think it’s wavy
Needless to say, she’s tall, skinny (really? I think she’s chunky…) and has an above average sized brain! ha!
For Katy’s Birthday we were in Lubbock for Danielle’s High School Graduation. We did a combo graduation/birthday party and it was so fun! I’m so glad Danielle let us share her party! Katy had an Owl Cake and the sweetest shirt that Aunt Amy made her! She got TONS of presents like a Water toy from mommy & daddy, clothes from Grandma, Auntie Jess, Auntie Suzanne, Shannon, Amber & Afton and lots of fun toys from many others!
What are you doing now Katy Beth?
- Says Momma, Dada, Bubba, ba (ball), da (dog), do (done), ma (more), Bye Bye, Hi
- She is even more attached to her blankie than ever before. She is starting to take it with her everywhere. EEK! I TRY to just give her the paci while in the crib or car…but sometimes it lingers…
- She loves giving high fives
- Has taken about 6 steps at a time, but still prefers crawling.
- Eats eVERYTHING!!! She ususally eats more than Natalie at every meal…sometimes more than Cole. SHEESH!
- Drinks whole milk and water. We switched her to whole milk about 3 weeks ago. Dr. Pratt told us we could switch to 2%! I’m so excited because I hate having to buy 2 different kinds!
- Favorite foods: Scrambled or boiled eggs, Champagne Mangoes, strawberries, bananas, cheerios, and of course, BABY MUM MUMS!!!
- She is a VERY sweet & happy baby 95% of the time. The only time I see her get mad is when you take something away from her or if the kids are making her claustraphobic. haha! (or if she’s very hungry!)
- Wake up around 7:40am
- Eat around 8:30. Usually a scrambled egg and a fruit as well as some cheerios or a mum mum.
- 10am—Nap for 1.5 hours or so
- 12pm Lunch—usually ham or bologna or turkey with fruit and a grain of some sort—bread, tortilla, etc with cheese
- 2pm—nap for 1.5 hours or as long as she needs
- 6pm—dinner. Whatever we are having
- 7:30pm—bath and get ready for bed!
- 8pm—bed time with blankie & paci!
The other night while at my sister’s house, Katy woke up at 2:00am! (I think I was screaming in my dream…and might have woken her!) She would NOT go back to sleep! I realized how spoiled I am! She has not woken at night like that since she was no older than 8 weeks old. I didn’t know how to calm her down! ha! She wanted to play! I ended up driving to Walmart (blah) at 3am to buy some ibuprofen for her and a thermometer (no fever). She went to sleep again at 4am. SHEEEEESH!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet baby girl! We love you so much and can NOT imagine life without your sweet and shy smiles and giggles. You make us so happy & complete!