Saturday, October 31, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
I did NOT throw a pity party to my husband today SOBBING something to this tune, "I HAVE NO FRIENDS..." Nope, what kind of sad, sad soul would do that? Not me!
I did not go hog wild in Lubbock acting as though I'd never seen stores before in my life AND put a ridiculous amount of items on our credit card. No way...because then I would cry when I saw the bill and had to pay it. Oh well...it's a good thing that wasn't me!
Speaking of the credit card, I didn't forget to pay it last week. Of COURSE I didn't! That would mean having to pay 15$ "rush fee" to have it paid by today...the due date...to avoid a $29 LATE fee tomorrow. NOT ME! (let me add, in all honesty...we have no CC debt...I DO pay it off every time we put a purchase on it...therefore...I should THROW IT AWAY!)
I didn't have to wash the kid's clothes 3 times in 2 days (same load) because I kept forgetting it in the washer. Thank goodness that was NOT me!
No matter WHAT Cole says...I did NOT hide his choo choos and choo choo books yesterday. He loves those things so much that the books are torn and I have to "fix" (tape them together) them everyday. Not to mention fix the wheels and batteries and anything else all while he throws the biggest temper tantrum in the world. Nope...I did NOT do that to my silly train obsessed son!
Just another NOT ME Monday :)
Thursday, October 22, 2009
- He is talking ALL the time...and I understand 98% of what he says! Funny stuff: "eelk" is milk; "I want to buy dis"--about my dad's train set. "Baby die?"--Baby cry? (I was scared that he knew something I didn't...but I realized he can't say his hard "c"s) He talks of himself in the 3rd person, "Dole want a tookie"--Cole want a cookie. The list goes on. He cracks me up!!
- He's about 75% potty trained. Still having issues with going poo poo on the potty though...any advice?
- He's a DROOLER like mommy...poor kid. I discovered this today as we layed down to read stories for naptime and his pillow was STILL wet from overnight. GROSS!
- Such a sweet, sweet boy. If he sees me sad or someone sad on TV, he gets sad and hugs me.
- Kid LOVES to dance and keeps good rythym!
- Likes to keep sister "happy" by getting her toys. Usually the "toy" is a kleenex. They like to tear them up into tiny pieces in our bed. :/
- He helps me pick up pecans ALMOST every day (since we have 7 pecan trees). He even picks up the empty shells. When he finds a big one he says, "WOW! I show Daddy!"
- He loves his grandparents. He calls Justin's parents "mimi & papa" and my parents "Maw Maw & Pa Paw" (supposed to be grandma & grandpa). he talks about ALL of them daily!
- Justin's dad drives a semi truck...therefore he calls ALL semi trucks "Papa Wheel".
- He's still OBSESSED with trains. My dad put out his train at their house. Cole laid on the floor and watched it FOR HOURS. This is why we have hidden all of his train stuff at home.
- Still a very picky eater. He likes tuna, PB & J, ham burritos with cream cheese, eggs & bacon, chicken strips, corn dogs, tortilla chips, ANY AND ALL FRUIT, lettuce, cheese pizza, fish sticks...and sweets of course.
- He's shy around a small group of people...but not in BIG groups...like stores or football games. Isn't that strange? I mean...he'll talk to ANYBODY at the store or games.
- He is now a mama's boy :) I waited so long for this!
- He LOVES ICE CREAM! Thanks grandpa! (this is their special treat together!)
- He is still an amazing sleeper!!! if only his sister would learn from him!!
- People think he's MUCH older than he is...he's HUGE!
- He loves to "read" as many books as possible! His books are falling apart from all the "reading!"
- He knows some letters: 0, A, B, C, F, T, F, S, and sometimes E. hehe
I love this little man! He's getting so big and SOOOO smart! He's so loving & gives the BEST hugs!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
- She is *almost* walking
- When she doesn't get her way, she throws her head smack down on the floor in a full blown fit. (especially traumatic when its on the tile or outside on the concrete...)
- She eats anything and everything. If you are eating, she wants to eat it...and will if you set it down. When I give Cole his lunch...she stands at the bar by him and cries for his food. Yesterday she pulled down half of his tuna sandwich and was eating it...
- Yes, she's still breastfeeding. Why is this so shocking to people? The AMA recommends breastfeeding to AT LEAST one year of age? I mean EVERYBODY is shocked by this!
- NO...I'm NOT trying to wean her yet. Thank you for asking :)
- She has been working on her top back molars for about 2 weeks now...soooo ready for them to come in!
- She has 10 teeth
- She has FINALLY decided to sleep all night (most nights). This is from 8:30pm- 6:30am or so.
- She wears size 12 months
- She weighs a little less than 20 lbs
- She still LOVES her brother more than life itself! When she wakes up from a nap...she is miserable without him.
- Still VERY smart. We tell her to go get "bubba" and she crawls to his door and waits.
- She gives hugs and kisses to me & her dolls (when i ask her to)
- She says (with complete understanding), Momma, Daddy, wawa, Night Night, Naked (both of those are "na na"), Kitty Kat (tiddy tat), choo choo, and Done.
- She signs, "all done" with her hands.
- She loves to play patty cake and peek a boo on her own...and she pretends to go night night. :)
- She eats any crumb left on the floor. I sweep the floor ALL DAY LONG...and she still finds things. I think she hides things to eat later.
And that's my 11 month old baby!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Last night we went to church and the 1st reading was the SAME reading we had at our wedding for the first scripture! (Genesis 2:18-24)
"The Lord God said: "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a suitable partner for him." So the Lord God formed out of the ground various wild animals and various birds of the air, and he brought them to the man to see what he would call them; whatever the man called each of them would be its name. The man gave names to all the cattle, all the birds of the air, and all the wild animals; but none proved to be the suitable partner for the man.
So the Lord God cast a deep sleep on the man, and while he was asleep, he took out one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. The Lord God then built up into a woman the rib that he had taken from the man. When he brought her to the man, the man said:
"This one, at last, is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh;This one shall be called 'woman,' for out of 'her man' this one has been taken."
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife, and the two of them become one body."
Justin and I found it so fitting that this was the scripture last night. In fact, the whole mass was centered on marriage. The priest was visiting...and he was so neat. He spoke of marriage as a sacrifice...a perfect sacrifice that gives ultimate joy.
The past six years have had their ups and downs. Never once have I doubted the love I have for Justin. He makes me whole and he's my very best friend. He gave me the greatest gifts...my babies. When I look at them...I see Justin & I...and that is so amazing!
What I love about Justin...Top 10 in no specific order:
1. He laughs when I'm unhappy...and it makes me happy
2. He's an AMAZING father...AMAZING...it's what he was meant to do in life!
3. He's perserverant. There's not ANYTHING he cant do!
4. He's HANDSOME! I always wanted a tall, tough, handsome dude!
5. He takes care of me...always...
6. I come first...he's so selfLESS. If I need something...he always makes sure I have it. 7. He's the most loving, caring man I know (well...Daddy comes close!)
8. He's tall--helpful when I need something up high! haha...
9. He drives a truck (was a 4x4 when we met...it was the BEST)
10. His growing faith and love in God. It amazes me!
Sooo...looking forward to the next Six-ty years AT LEAST with Justin!
Friday, October 2, 2009
It's the blog of a couple married for 5 years. She got cancer...and found out she was pregnant. She carried the baby to 37 weeks and delivered her. The baby was in ICU for a while, but she grew healthy and they were able to take her home. After being home for 2 days, the mom got VERY ill and died in the hospital.
It is such a sad, sad story...but the amazing part is the faith and strength that the husband/dad has. Please pray for this sweet little family...
It's stories like these that make me eat up every single minute I have with my babies. Every night as I nurse Natalie to sleep...I remember that day when i was 7 weeks pregnant and I thought I was having a miscarriage. I remember those 11 weeks that I REFUSED to get attached to the baby...because I just knew something would go wrong. And then I remember the day I found out she was a girl. When I hold her at night I look at her hands and think that one day...this hand will wear a wedding band...one day it will hold her baby... I feel so BLESSED to have two healthy and wonderful babies!!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
New Front of house with new Screen door & new front door. Now we need NEW windows! Is it bad that I hope they get busted out?
New Front Door
Front Living Area before
Front Living Area with new paint...Still need to add new trim & paint the ugly wood trim in parts By they way, that's blue tape. there's a trim piece there. Not sure if we'll leave it white or paint it red. We still have to put the Crown Moulding up. :)