Monday, November 30, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
If you're reading this and thinking...NO WAY could I run a 1/2 marathon (13 miles), YES YOU CAN! My mom had never run in her whole life...well...maybe a little here & there. She just finished a 1/2 marathon earlier this month! It took her about 7 months to get up to it. It is possible.
Right Now I'm working up to a 5k. I'm following a program called "The Couch to 5k". It involves walking and jogging for 25-30minutes 3 times a week. By the end you are running a 5k in 30 minutes (or quicker). today I did 2.3 miles in 25 minutes. Not great...but my best time all year (that involved walking...fyi!)And...my motivation? Sarah Palin. She's one smokin' hot momma who always finds time to run!
Not to mention I love her politics. But that's another blog...haha!
Monday, November 23, 2009
For Suzanne: She was LOVING on her "kiki"!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Friday around 4pm we headed to Austin with my parents and sister. Luckily they have a big enough vehicle (Chevy Traverse....awesome!) We got to Austin around 10:30pm (i think?). The next morning my parents & sister went to San Antonio with my other sister, Jessica and her boyfriend Matt. The kids & I stayed with my Aunt Suzanne in Austin. It's always so nice to stay with her because we chat the day away and she loves my kiddos...and they love her! We played with the kitties and were spoiled by Suzanne :). We also got to meet the lady who did the mortgages on BOTH of our houses & several of our friends/family...Carrie. She is EXACTLY how I imagined her...meaning SUPER sweet & beautiful! I'm soooo glad we got to meet up with her!
Sunday, Jessica ran the Marathon (26.6 miles) and my Mom ran the 1/2 marathon (13.2 miles). I was soooo impressed! Jessica did say she would never want anyone to run a marathon...i guess that means it's no fun? Care to elaborate? They both did awesome and I'm soooo proud of them! Several friends of mine also participated in both events...WAY TO GO!!!
That same day we got to spend the afternoon with my cousin Alyssa. She is 18 (can NOT believe this!) and will be moving to Lubbock in August to attend Texas Tech! I'm soooo excited for her! She is BEAUTIFUL and SMART...and has the BEST personality. I can't wait to see what great things she does!!
We got back to Lubbock Sunday night around 11:45 or midnight...then we woke up and came home this morning. Both kids are congested and coughing...I'm hoping it's just allergies and the changes in altitudes...we shall see!!
Natalie is walking everywhere these days! She's not afraid one bit and it's adorable! And...Suzanne...she's been a princess today...sorry she was so gripey after her naps at your place!!!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
I can NOT believe my tiny baby is ONE! This year has flown! It's been soooo special to be able to spend so much time with her!! We woke up this morning and sang Happy Birthday to her...she was still asleep and cried and cried (she's not a morning girl). Then she realized we were spoiling her and she was happy! :) After that, I decided to work out while Justin took Natalie and Cole for donuts. The sweet ladies at Childress Bakery gave her a free "birthday donut"! We are having her party on Saturday, so today is just the family. I think I'll have to get her a little birthday present for today and save the big ones for Saturday.
- She can walk! Last night she started taking off on her own and walking short distances without us prompting her! (still not everywhere...but this is much more than before!)
- She says LOTS of words! mama, dada, bubba, baby, more, dog, kitty, night night, wawa (water), Ice wawa, apple juice (strange...huh?), bye bye, what's this/that?, shoe, duck, brush, hi, choo choo, tractor, pee pee, poo poo
- She blows kisses
- gives high five
- hugs her babies & gives them kisses (only when she's in the mood...other time she throws them! lol)
- She is a MOMMY'S girl when I'm around...if it's just her & daddy...she's all about daddy!
- She does NOT sleep all night...maybe twice a week she does.
- She still gets mommy's milk 2-3 times a day...if she will get over this cold I will work on weaning...
- She is a piggy! Eats a TON!!!
- LOVES chocolate (oops)
- She still wants to do everything Bubba does!
- Makes a truck sound when playing with trucks
- Can find a choo choo ANYWHERE (wonder where she learned that?)
- Likes to have saline squirted in her nose...it's pretty funny!
- Has gone pee pee on the potty a few times :)
- She is sooo tiny compared to Cole! She is wearing 12 month clothes. Cole was already in 24 month clothes at one...haha.
- In the morning I say, "Go get Bubba" and she crawls to his door and pounds on it, saying, "BU BA" haha! When I ask if she's hungry she nods her head and points to the kitchen and then starts crying...haha!
I guess that's all I can think of...but she's the most beautiful little one year old I've every seen! (and her brother was the most HANDSOME! LOL)
Monday, November 2, 2009
Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
I did NOT make a fool of myself today in Aerobics class today. No...I didn't almost fall over doing Yoga poses and then laugh out of pure frustration!
I also didn't watch a scary movie Halloween night and leave all lights in my room on. Bedause that would mean every time I closed my eyes I would see a scary lady with Rabies (I watched Quarantine...I mean...I DIDn'T watch it!)
I didn't spend too much money on my daughter's first birthday photo shoot.
Oh...theres so many things I didn't do this week...that I'm just quitting at that! LOL