Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Moving day

Today the movers came to pack up our things. I've been so busy with work and the kids (Justin's been in Childress), that I haven't really had time to let all this sink in. This morning I woke up late (because we were up until 1:30am packing things to stay here in Vernon) and had to hurry around. We had packed a few totes of toys for Cole. Of course he broke into them and lost his "Percy" train. I searched and searched for it & couldn't find it. For some reason this put me over the edge & I started bawling. I thought that Percy might end up getting moved to the storage building in Childress with the rest of our stuff until we find a house.

That opened the gates to crying because it was our last moments in our house. The last time I would wake Natalie up from her crib inthat house...the last time Cole would play with his choo choos in that living room...the last time I would get ready in my little closet area. The last time I would hurry out the breezeway with both kids. I'm so sad to leave that awesome house that was the first home Justin and I had and the only home my babies have known.

Cole, Natalie and I will be living with Justin's parents for the next 2 months (remainder of the school year). I'm so thankful that they are taking us in! We won't be alone! I hope we don't drive them crazy! Justin will be staying in my dad's 21 foot trailer at an RV park until we find a home. I hope that's soon....but the pickings are SLIM!

He worked in Childress Monday & Tuesday. Tonight he goes to Amarillo & will get home tomorrow night late. He's off all weekend...but Monday he starts. He will be gone 5 days out of the week. I really am not looking forward to him being gone. We've NEVER been apart like this before. I'm REALLY going to miss him.

At least I have the TAKS test to keep me focused at school (haha...the ONLY time I'm thankful for that!). And it will be so great to have DAvid and Linda around to help me with the kids. I already PROMISED her that I would NOT take advantage of her!

Oh...and I forgot about this picture of the "mothership" storm that went through Childress last year..."The Father's Day Storm". Yeah....that's where I'm moving. They are STILL recovering from the damage of that storm! Surely they won't have one like that again???

3 comments:

Bailey said...

Janet, our prayers are with you. You will get through this all and it will all calm down soon. Let all of the memories you have had in your house keep you smiling :)

Yasirali said...

Are you moving across the country? Considering a move that will take you to another state? If you are, then you are facing the need for cross country movers. The biggest pitfall to such a company is the sheer expense that is related, and you should be prepared to spend quite a bit of money on such services. While this is a pricey option, there are ways that you can find good deals on cross country moving companies. Knowing where to start, and what to ask, can really help you, especially if you are under a tight budget.

Start in the Right Place

When you are looking for the best deals on cross country movers, the best place to start is online. There are plenty of resources online that can help you find a good company and some great deals. You should be able to find information about companies, as well as their references online. It is sometimes possible to book your moves on the web as well. These tools can make planning and completing cross country moves easy. Starting off right can really save you money and time as well.

http://www.wolfehousebuildingmovers.com/

Unknown said...

hmmm i dont know which is scarier that tornado or the moving company that just posted on your blog.