Monday, July 13, 2009

Life in Childress

Well....it's been forever. I feel bad. I think it's the fact that I'm afraid to download picutres to the laptop. Not sure why....but I think no pictures=no blog. I'll try to upload a few.

What have we been up to? Not much. The kids and I are at home most of the time. We have met some people and been swimming a few times. We live about a mile from the public pool (we haven't tried it out yet though) and about 2 miles from 2 private pools. Being that it's the middle of July, we're going to wait on a pool membership for next year. Probably either at the Elk's lodge or Country Club. Although...there's really no other benefit that I can see to join either...other than the pool. Anyone know anything else?

I've spent some time in Lubbock as well. Cole, Natalie and I were there Monday through Thursday last week. We'll be back this weekend for Taylor's 1st birthday party! Can't wait!

Justin goes on vacation next Thursday. That day we will drive to Amarillo and spend the day there then I will fly to Dallas for "Girl's Weekend" with my Mom & sisters. I CANNOT WAIT! My mom & Danielle are going to the American Idol Concert with my Aunt Mel & friends. We are going SHOPPING, out to eat, and enjoying time free of BOYS & BABIES. haha...I'm counting the days!!

On the new house front...Justin knocked out a wall!!! It was between the den/dining room and living room. It lets soooo much more light in and really opens up the house. Now all we have left to do is paint the walls in both rooms and the hallway. Along with that we will replace the floorboards and do crown moulding. When I say "we", I mean Justin. He's AMAZING!! Eventually we'd like to replace the cabinet doors & countertops in the kitchen...but it works well for now...so we're waiting & saving money :)

Staying home with the kiddos in a small town with no family is a lot tougher than I thought it would be. Usually I would have been going to workshops, or planning for school by now. I guess I'm just a little "lost" with not having "school" in my life. I know I will miss it, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how the kids & I are so close now. Natalie is attached to me at all times and Cole is just so funny. (he is going through the HORRIBLE twos...but that's to be expected). He's pretty much potty trained, but he has days that he refuses to go pee pee on the potty. Like today...ughh...

Well...more later. Just wanted to give a quick update!!

No comments: