Saturday, September 20, 2008

One of my worst fears!!

Today was a normal day. Justin was off & then decided to go hunting. Cole and I were chillin' at home. He had a nice poopy diaper...and if you have kids...you know that once they are eating normal food...NO DIAPER GENIE can keep the smell away! haha. Needless to say, I took the diaper out to the dumpster like I always do (it's the roll out kind right next to the garage...literally 10 steps from the house). I shut the door behind me, making sure that it was unlocked.

When I came back, I could hear Cole crying through the door. I went to open the door and it was LOCKED! The DEADBOLT was locked. I don't know how Cole figured out how to do that...but he did. I went to both neighbors houses to use a phone. Luckily my mother in law was home & has a spare key. I ended up pulling up a cooler to the door & peeking in the window. Cole could see me & we sang "B-I-N-G-O" (his favorite song these days...other than any Taylor swift song) a few times. He was soooo devastated & cried the WHOLE time. He kept saying, " MAAAMAAA". I felt HORRIBLE! Seriously...my first thought was to break out a window!

Anyway...when Linda got to the house and unlocked the door, Cole ran to me & let me carry him for a good 15 minutes. He was worn plumb out.

Lesson learned: Always have a spare key!!!

No comments: