Monday, August 17, 2009

Burned

Today I was making lunch on the stove. After it was done, I moved the skillet to the back burner. I went to wash my hands and all of a sudden I heard Cole YELLING, "MOMMA, MOMMA!" I thought he was mad at natalie. THEN he started yanking the back of my pants. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty upset with him! When I turned around I saw tears in his eyes & he held up his hand for me to see...a burn on his fingers! His right index finger and middle finger had gotten burned on the skillet! I don't know WHY he touched it, we've gone over how hot the stove is since he was tiny! Anyway...here are some pictures!


The burn...(white spots on fingers)


Here he is running cold water on it. This made it feel MUCH better!

In fact, it felt so much better that he stayed at the sink running cool water over it for about 20 minutes!

Finally, after Daddy brought home some First Aid spray, we let it dry and put band aids on it! Of course, Super Duper Magic Red Apple Juice, made it feel all better!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Cole, grandma is sending you a big kiss"mmmoooaah"! Hope your ouchy is better now.

Elizabeth said...

Aww! That is so sad, I know how bad those dang burns hurt!

We are sad that y'all aren't going to watch Kade tomorrow too, but we will definitely take you up on watching him some other time!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Well, I found the blog! YAY! I'm adding you to my blog list right now! I think I read somewhere on here or your FB that you guys go to church, but do you go locally? If not, we'd love to have you visit at FBC Childress!