Tuesday, August 4, 2009

happenings

We just got back from Lubbock yesterday.

We had PLANNED on leaving the kids with my mom & dad & going to Austin to: have fun on 6th street (friday night) and float the guadalupe river saturday.

Thursday, Justin had a meeting in Lubbock, so we headed to Lubbock Wednesday. That night, we got word that a "tornado" went through Childress. Turns out...it was NOT a tornado, but straight line winds in excess off 100 mph! The electricity went out and we just KNEW we were going to have to head home. It ended up coming back on & Justin's store was just finem, as was our house!

Friday, JP & I headed to Austin. It took longer than we thought (over 6 hours), but the hotel was nice and we were excited. We started the night at PF Changs. WONDERFUL. I always love the crispy honey chicken. We then went out in the rain to 6th street. Needless to say...we spent Saturday at my Aunt Suzanne's house rather than the river. It was fun catching up though! Poor Justin. I feel like I totally ruined his vacation.

We are now spending the day cleaning up our yard (debris from 6 full grown pecan trees!).

I just read "The Shack". It's truly a life changing book. It's about a man's relationship with God and how it evolves after heartbreak. I highly recommend it!

No comments: