Friday, April 2, 2010

Childress Friends

When Justin and I moved to Vernon, I had a very hard time adjusting. I had gone from living in the DFW area with lots to do and 2 VERY great friends, Kelly & Ashly to a town where I only knew Justin's family. We were the "Angels" (dressed up for Charlie's Angels for Halloween one year & the name stuck) and we spent a lot of time together.

Over 4 years in Vernon, I can honestly say my only friends were the teachers I worked with. My besty teacher friends were Lana, Kacy & Jen. I love you gals & miss you DEARLY! Vernon is a hard town to let in new people & even though Justin was from Vernon, he had a hard time too.

When we decided to move to Childress (one year ago!!), I was scared to start ALL OVER AGAIN! Our initial views of Childress weren't good...I think the windy weather was the problem...haha! My first contact was Stephanie Tucker, the owner of our AWESOME gym. She helped me feel better about Childress & got me acquainted with lots of women in the town. We went swimming several times throughout the summer...fun!

Through Steph, I met Amy and Alana. These ladies have TRULY saved me! We had "book club" the other night and I told them that staying home with my kiddos has been hard for me. I'm VERY social and have worked since I was 15. Any job I do....I do the BEST that's possible and I rely on people praising my work. In motherhood (especially stay at home), you don't get a lot of praise or awards or pay increases...haha!

Anyway...we started a "book club" haha.....haven't read many books for the club....and we just started hanging out! We also like to do crafty things too!!! FUN! You know Alana's kids by the pictures. I keep Chandler & Brynn one day a week and they are soooo sweet! Cole ADORES Chandler & Natalie loves both of them so much! They are "Nandler & Bwynn" to my kids. Amy has the four most AMAZING KIDS EVER! Seriously...they make you want to have four kids...so awesome & well behaved! I know I can count on Alana & Amy for ANYTHING! Charla is another friend who I have NOT gotten to spend enough time with, although we have a lot in common!!! Charla is a book club-er also!! Go read her blog...so inspirational & fun!

Thank you girls for saving me from whatever funk I was getting in!! I appreciate the time you spend with me & my kids! We are truly blessed to have friends like ya'll!!! Love ya!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

You are so lucky to have those friends in your life. You seemed so much happier there in Childress. I'm so glad that Cole and Natalie have little friends that come and visit. Having friends to do stuff with is good for the soul too.

Amy said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! We are blessed by you, too! Childress is also a fairly hard town to get involved in, so I'm glad we are all in it together. Friends are so important when you are a stay at home mom and I am so happy we have each other! Especially to pat each other on the back and say "you are doing a great job with those kids!"

So, what's the plan for this week?:)

Alana said...

You are so great! We just love you and your precious family! I am still a little (SUPER) jealous of your trip to Vegas...but I think we can still be friends :) LOL