Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summer? Are you there?

I just don’t know if I can make it!!  These last few weeks of school are stressing me out!  I know, I know, you are thinking…JANET…you don’t teach anymore…you are a stay at home mom…that’s the easy life.  Well…yes it’s easier in the fact that I don’t have to wake up at 5:30 am and shower and get the kids off to daycare and I get to see them everyday.  BUT…it’s still stressful and some days I wish I could be teaching so I could appreciate my kids more and WANT to come home to them…rather than run away all the time.  I love them so much, but I get so run down!  So this little peek at my day is for me to remember this craziness and laugh at how stressed I am now…because I’m sure it will get crazier.  :)

Typical Janet Day

6:30 am:  Wake up (If I’m feeling grand, I take a shower, if not…I snooze till 7am)

7am:  proceed to the living room and wake up to the news or most likely Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with Cole and Katy.

7:30am:  Chisum Girls arrive and breakfast begins

8:00am:  Natalie wakes up (watch out world…)

10am:  Put Katy down for a nap and shower (If I didn’t already)

10:45am:  throw fishsticks in the oven or make sandwiches for 5-6 kids, feed them,

11:30:  get them all dressed, attempt to fix Chandler’s hair if I remember, as well as wash her face, race to brush cole’s teeth and fix hair

11:50am:  Get the kids in the car after I wake katy up from her nap…and she ALWAYS has a poopy diaper…NEVER FAILS.  (Natalie and brynn fight over who goes in which carseat…they both want in a booster seat though, Cole & Chandler decide which carseat to get in…I realize the back row is down…have to fix it, I wince at my destroyed interior of my car…heart races)

11:57am:  Arrive at Charla’s house to get Kate.  I always say I’m not going to talk, but I do because I love Charla and she loves me :)

12:05pm:  After hitting every little red light and getting behind old farmers, I arrive at Ms. Angie’s flustered. 

12:08pm:  The girls and I drive around and look for old artsy crafty ideas.

12:15pm:  Feed Katy who screams at me until I get enough food on her plate

1:00pm:  I make myself a shake or quick meal….and try to eat.

2pm:  Katy goes down for a nap

2:42pm:  OH CRAP…I forgot to wake up katy and have to rush and wake her and change her never ending poop diaper, throw the girls in the car and rush to Angie’s to get the other kids (yes…another fight over who gets in first, which seat, etc)

2:48:  Drive home and listen to all the wonders the kids learned at Angie’s.

3:00pm:  Try to calm down 5 kids who didn’t get a nap and need one, but don’t think they do.  Try to get them to clean their mess (ha!)

3:45pm:  Wave goodbye to the Chisum Girls. 

5:00pm:  Wave goodbye to Kade

6:00pm:  Hope Daddy gets home soon because the kids have been crazy since 3pm.

6:30pm:  If daddy’s home, I hide out for an hour or ride my bike.  If he’s not, i make supper and STEW about why he’s not home.

7:30pm:  Get the kids ready for bed, brush teeth, read books, etc

8:00pm:  PUt them to bed for the first time

8:03pm:  Natalie walks out, “I need to tell you sumfin’.  I want water”.  Cole, “I want water too”.

8:07pm:  Cole walks into room, “I love you, i want a hug”, Natalie does the same.

8:10pm:  rush to wash dishes, clean the kitchen & bathroom & pick up the floor in the living room

9:00pm:  Natalie, “I want to sleep on the couch”.  (back to bed for the last time)

9:10pm:  Collapse on the bed and look at my messy room that i swear I will clean every day…and instead pick up my ipad and chill and read.  SIGH

12:00am…hopefully i’m asleep.  :)

2 comments:

Jessica Looney said...

Girl I admire you for staying home!!!! I work full time and that kind of gives me a break during the day:) Looking forward to the days when I don't have to work 2 jobs anymore!!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I LOVED this post, so much, because yes, I DO LOVE YOU! But, if you ever can't talk and I'm rambling (remember, I don't see grown ups very much so I tend to go on and on when I do), never hesitate to tell me, "I can't talk, we're late!" It won't hurt my feelings! Haha! OR, come in and have a glass of tea with me and let the kids fight in the car while we catch up and you are late to preschool. Hee hee! I like option 2 the best! I need to do a post like this, for sure. I love it!