Thursday, May 15, 2008

15-16 week appointment

Had my appointment yesterday (15 weeks 4 days). The little kiddo's heartbead was 153bpm. We saw the nurse practitioner and she always tells us the heartrate...so that was nice! My blood pressure was great (although higher than my normal). Cole was with us and he just STARED down the nurse as she was taking my BP. It was so cute! Other than that...pretty boring! Oh yes...I gained 4.5 lbs this month (blah)...which brings me to 5.5 lbs total. Not bad for 16 weeks prego...but more than I had planned!

I did tell her that for some reason I'm very anxious and worried this pregnancy...maybe because of the bleeding...but it's soooooo much more than with Cole. She said she was the same way with her 2nd. She said she would look at her perfectly healthy & beautiful baby & wonder how God could bless her with another...surely something would be wrong. (it wasn't of course...perfectly healthy)

But that is EXACTLY how I feel. I look at my brother in law & his wife. They lost their first baby, Emily, when she was 1.5mos old. I always wonder...when is it our turn to have that kind of heart ache? Do we have to have something happen to us to make it "equal"? That's HORRIBLE, but I just keep thinking that! The nurse told me it was normal...but it doesn't mean that this baby will have something wrong with it, or that something will happen to Cole. It was comforting to know that I wasn't alone. Justin even said he's wondered that from time to time.

Anyway...our next appointment is June 12th. We get the ultrasound that day!!! Can't wait!!

1 comment:

26 said...

Sorry you are so worried, but has got to help to hear others feeling like you do now with perfectly healthy kiddos. Take it from the ultimate worrier-don't let all the joys of this moment pass you by. : )