Saturday, July 26, 2008

Going Camping

Well friends & family...I'm doing something I never imagined at this stage in my pregnancy!!

I'm going camping. I'm 6.5 mos pregnant and have a one year old. We are staying in a tent. It is 7-8 hours away. WOW!

If you know me, you know I LOVE camping! We love to rough it and we've been doing it since I was about 2. Some of my all time favorite memories are from Ruidoso, New Mexico's Mescelero Indian Reservation. My grandparents went there on their honeymoon & took my aunts & uncles almost every year as they grew up also. They even knew the chief! (or one of them).

Justin and I started going to Ruidoso when we were dating & went every year until last year. Cole was too little. This will be Cole's first time. I'm worried about all the cuts & scrapes he will get...worried he will fall in the water...worried a bear will get him...typical Janet worries!! I think Cole will be staying my parent's trailer. JP & I will have to have separate air mattresses...I must be comfy! Luckily it will be no higher than the 70s there. I CAN"T WAIT!!!

Hopefully he'll love it just as much as I did when I was little!!! I will be sure to post pics when we return!!!

No comments: