Saturday, July 19, 2008

Help me decorate Natalie's Room!

Blog readers...I need help!


The school year is rapidly approaching (and I'll probably have this chick in about 13-15 weeks)..so I need to get decorating!


I need help with the following:

1. Paint color (only one color please & no pink)

2. Wall decorations

3. Floor rugs

4. any thing else



Here's what will be IN the room...
1. white crib

2. white dresser

3. white (if i paint it) changing table

4. pretty brown rocker/glider & ottoman

5. White letters spelling "Natalie"


Your help is GREATLY Appreciated!! (below are pics of the bedding! It's kiwi green/lime & BRIGHT pink!)

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I think a shade of the kiwi color(maybe not as bright) for the wall with a white bumper board on the wall(baseboard like. I like the white letter for her name. Outlining them with a different color would stand out also. What do I know, I'm just your mother.

Amber said...

I agree with Aunt Mary Ann a kiwi shade. You could do vertical strips of the kiwi with one being the pant color and the other being a slightly darker shade or even one a flat color and the other a shinny. I'm a big fan of this and it makes the room look bigger.

Hmmm, the rug will be a little difficult so I'll look online when I have time :)

Babbsie said...

Janet, we painted Gracie's room a Granny Smith apple green and added white crown molding to the room with the corner pieces. The color is such a "neutral" green that we can put just about any other color of green, pink, or even some red in the room for accent color and it looks great. I definatly suggest a single color on the walls but I do like the stripe idea as well but if you do that then I would use a glaze on one that matches your paint so that it is subtle. But I am all about simple these days. Happy Decorating!

Janet said...

Thanks ladies!!! babbsie...I like that Granny Smith Apple green!!! Where'd you get it?

Babbsie said...

Probably Home Depot but I will say that I like Lowe's paint better. It covers better and is not as strong as a smell. So pick out whatever color you like and then tell them the type of paint to use.