Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm going to start running...hopefully soon!

I love to run...have since 7th grade. I ran cross country in highschool...always trying to beat Kelly (sorry Kel...you know you were my motivation!) I quit in college...but then in 2004, I decided to lose weight. I lost 40 lbs between running and the Firm DVDs. Well...the dvds are almost impossible in this tiny house with 2 kids. I've been reading some blogger's triumphs in running (kelly, kori, ashley). THEN..I read a great article in United's Spirit magazine that Justin gets. One of my FAVORITE people had an article about running...Tom Weis~Cheif Learning Officer at United Supermarkets. He used to run marathons when he was younger and just started back up...at 57 years. His "personal marathon philosophy" comes from one of United's famous sayings. It's one of my favorite sayings. It motivated me, and I hope it motivates my fellow runners!!! I plan on repeating it to myself when I run!

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable."

Tom goes on to say this, "My running isn't anything special, I just hang in there".

See??? Isn't that awesome? I'm always thinking...why run races if there's no way I can win? If Tom just hangs in there & loves it...so can I.

Anyway...it really hit the nail on the head for me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Tom!!! : )

Loving Life in Trubyville said...

You can do it! I love the quotes!! Good luck!

James & Kelly said...

No problem Janet...you're an ole' running pro. Give it a few weeks and you'll be in good ole mae simmons cross country shape!