Sunday, January 16, 2011

20 Weeks

january2011 (27)

Ok…let me get it out of the way…

WE’RE HAVING A GIRL!  (I think…more explanation later)

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 20 weeks 1 day

Size of baby: Baby Pierce is the size of a cantalope (I also saw its the size of a chipmunk!  cute!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I weigh 123.5. I started out at 115-116...so I've gained 8-9 lbs!

Maternity Clothes: Jeans for sure...other than that sweat pants and t-shirts. My "nicer" shirts are maternity for the most part too.
Gender: A HEALTHY LONG-LEGGED GIRL!!!  With Natalie and Cole…we heard, “This baby has VERY long legs!”  haha!  I don’t mind a long legged girl!  Can you imagine…dark hair, dark eyes, perfect skin color and looong legs?  Every guy’s dream. WAIT A MINUTE…I don’t think I like that!

Movement: Baby moved a TON last week…and then took a siesta.  She’s still doing well…I listen to her heartbeat when I get worried1  lol!

Sleep: decent this week

What I miss: Laying on my belly and coloring with my kids!  I just discovered that i can’t do that!  Talk about no fun!!!!

Cravings: Cocoa Pebbles!  I’ve been HUNGRY this week and have eaten 2 boxes of Cocoa Pebbles by myself!  2 bowls for breakfast, snack and before bed….no wonder I gained 2-3 lbs in ONE WEEK!  EEK!

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good this week EXCEPT my umbilical hernia (otherwise known as the belly button being popped).  It REALLY hurts when I’m full.  I whined to my buddies about it all night…..sorry girls! 

I have never been one to surprise people.  For each of my pregnancies I’ve always told people THE DAY I find out I’m pregnant and I text IMMEDIATELY  when I find out the sex.  This time I actually had a fun girls night planned at our house for the day after my sonogram.  SOOOOO…I surprised Amy, Alana & Charla.  i made an Angel Lush cake…and figured I’d do a layer of icing PINK since I’m having a girl.  I forgot that you don’t really ice the WHOLE cake…just the layers and top.  Soo…the cake looked RIDICULOUS…and I had to fill the angel food cake hole with cool whip….but it was fun!  Thanks girls…for letting me surprise someone! 

Pretty sure that our baby girl’s name will be Katherine Beth Pierce.  We will always call her Katie Beth though.  Not sure if we will use Katie or Katy though. 

I’m about 90% sure that she is a girl.  At our ultrasound she wouldn’t put her legs down.  They were tightly held up to her chest.  We couldn’t see a “turtle” and my friends and Justin all agree its a girl.  I may try to get another ultrasound to verify…but who knows.  I’m pretty sure she’s a girl!  I’ve felt it all pregnancy.  I’m excited!  Now…what to do with the room arrangements in our house!  Cole & Nat will share a room for about a year.  Not sure which room…and not sure what beds!  We are thinking 2 beds with storage underneath that eventually the girls will use.  BUT…I just don’t know!!

002

3 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

It was fun! And I think I might need the recipe for that cake! Yummo! It sounds easy, too!

Katy Beth! or Katie Beth...whichever, she's a precious Pierce baby and we will love her! Can't wait! So fun to have kiddos who will be so close in age!

Love ya bunches!

Amy said...

I loooove Katy with a Y! Cute! IE is cute too, tho! It was a fun night and I loved the surprise! Your complaining was minimal compared to what mine would have been. A popped belly button! Sounds terrible! You are ALWAYS welcome to complain with us...that's what friends are for! lol!

Love you! Cya this evening!

Kelli Davis said...

SO EXCITED for you guys!!! EVERYONE seems to be having boys right this instant, so I'm excited some girlies will be coming along shortly!