Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Scary, Scary!!


Saturday, I got a call from Justin's mom...his dad had been a wreck. David drives a semi-truck that hauls milk in those big round cylinder things...looks like its holding oil or gas. Anyway...it rolled THREE times!! For the first hour or so...we didn't know ANYTHING about his well being. To be quite honest...I was scared. Cole and I said a prayer asking God to take care of Paw Paw.


We heard bits and pieces that MAYBE he was up and walking?! I didn't think that would be possible...but it was TRUE! Linda drove to Childress and Justin drove her to Amarillo (where he was in the hospital). AMAZINGLY he only was banged up! NO broken bones, NO internal bleeding. God is GOOD! Justin warned me that he looked pretty bad...so I expected bruises, scrapes...etc. When they got to our house that night, he wobbled in and his arms were bandaged all up, his eye was stitched, his faice was bruised & bloodied and he had skidmarks and scrapes all over. I've never seen someone look so horrible and not be seriously injured. I just broke down and cried. Cole and Natalie were ESPECIALLY sweet to their Paw Paw asking, "You o-tay Paw Paw???!" Right then I realized how close we were to losing him and I just cringe to think it could have happened.


His seat was thrown from the vehicle, the windshield was gone,...essentially the cab exploded through the rolling. How did he make it? The troopers and doctors say he shouldn't have made it, but he did. I know a pretty special angel that was watching out for her Paw Paw...

4 comments:

Alana said...

So glad that he is okay. God was definitely watching over him.

Mary Ann said...

Sooo glad he's okay!! This post just made me cry.

Amber said...

Oh my gosh! How scary. God is GOOD!!! Glad he made out okay.

Amy said...

How did I miss this?!?! Praise God he is ok! Praise God!!