Monday, November 3, 2008

The night before my little girl is born!

Well...it's finally here! It's kind of cool being prepared for the baby. Cole was 9 days early (shocker)...so we were kind of unprepared. Now I have my bag packed with everything (this time I know what we need). I have her bag packed, Cole's bag is packed. He is staying with Mimi & Papa.

Cole and I had Mommy & Cole day today. We went to Bealls & Walmart (what else is there to do in Vernon?) and had lunch at Pizza Hut. He was VERY loving and so sweet. We played all afternoon, took a bath, and read our favorite story, "I Love You Stinky Face". Then he went night night. Little does he know that tomorrow his life will change...hopefully for the better.

I'm so excited to be having another baby...but in a way I'm sad that Cole will have to share me. I don't think you can fully understand that until you are ABOUT to have that next baby. I know I'll have enough love for both...and more if we have more. My mom & dad did! (although Danielle and I know that Momma loves "the golden child" more than us..haha). It will be good though...I know!

I've been reading "The Power of a Positive Mom" (thanks Angels!). Such a great book. It's really helped me realize what it takes to be a good Mommy. I saw a lady at Walmart today just screaming at her kids...same age difference as Cole and Natalie will be...but older. I thought that I don't ever want to be seen as that type of mommy. YES...discipline is necessary...but not to the point that you humiliate your children for no reason.

Anyway...Induction is set for 8am tomorrow! The doctor will NOT let me go all day. So I WILL have a little girl on November 4th!!! Yay! I will update as soon as we get back home!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Big hug and lots of prayers!! : )

Babbsie said...

You can call Natalie the presedential baby....HAHAH
Congrats and our prayers are with you guys. I know your feelings on having more children too. That is my fear as well.
Christi