Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blog Awards :)

One of my blog buddies and Lubbock-Cooper highschool buddies, Kori awarded me these fun awards! I have learned so much from Kori since I've known her. I was always amazed by her faith and STRENGTH. She was an excellent basketball player and we were in FBLA together...hehe! This girl ran her first marathon in November and had an amazing journey working up to it the past year! I'm so proud of her! Those of you running the 1/2 marathon with me in March...thank Kori. She's my main motivation!!!


The rules for Beautiful Blogger are:
1) thank the person who gave you the award (Thanks Kori!)
2) paste the award on your blog
3) link the person who nominated you for the award
4) tell 7 interesting things about yourself (below)
5) nominate others for this award

7 interesting (semi) things about me...
*I had a c-section with my first child and a “normal” childbirth (VBAC) with my 2nd.
*That “normal” childbirth resulted in a 4th degree tear
*I have lifelong consequences from that 4th degree tear :( (worth it though!)
*My youngest sister is 14 years younger than me.
*I knew from our first date that Justin was “the one” (even if he was clueless)
*I’m training for a ½ marathon
*I had a completely different career before deciding to teach. (Employee Relations Mgr with United Supermarkets)


The Sugar Doll Award requires revealing 10 MORE things about myself...
*I’m slightly obsessed with Rob Pattinson and Kristin Stewart. I really want them to be together in real life…
*I've recently learned that I can be mean if someone talks about my babies in a not nice way!
*I love Little House on the Prairie episodes…I cry on almost all
*I love to help people…sometimes that results in me giving advice too often (I’m sorry…I’m trying to stop…)
*I read every night…sometimes just a few minutes….other times until 2 am (like last night)
*My biggest strength is always finding the best in someone (sometimes this can be my biggest weakness)
*My parents and sisters are my best friends (other than Justin)
*I love Keeping up with the Kardashians.
*I had a “growth bone” on my back left scapula when I was little…it had to be removed (shaved off). It was right where a “wing” would be. Hmmm…maybe I’m part angel? haha
*I’m a very good judge of character. My gut feeling is ALWAYS right! Seriously has never failed me!

I'm passing these awards along to some fellow blogger friends who I think will have fun doing this!! :)

Mary Ann (my momma)

Alana

Amy

Charla

Amber

Danielle (my littlest sis)

6 comments:

danielle s said...

Yes! i made it too the interesting thing!! i know i am very interesting lol i read every night too!! :)

Janet said...

DANG IT DANIELLE...I left you off! I'm going to change it to where you have to do this too!!

Loving Life in Trubyville said...

Aww Janet! You are so sweet! Oh the FBLA memories! :) You are one determined lady and you are going to kick butt in the 1/2!!

Amy said...

Super fun! thanks! I'll do that post today!

You are so cute! I'm so glad you are here in childress with us!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

YAY! Thanks, Janet! I am sitting here bored out of my mind while I watch my students take their semester finals. So, this is perfect to keep me occupied.

Just a few comments...

1.) Ouch, ouch and ouch to the tearing stuff. Oh my goodness.

2.) SO COOL about the bone and wing thought...do they think you might have been a twin originally? Like vanishing twin syndrome?

3.) I love that you love to read. Always on the look-out for book geeks like myself!

4.) I share the same GUT feeling about people that is almost always right. But I have to say, it scares me that you have it and it is SO accurate...I want to know what your gut told you about me?! HA! Guess I'll have to be on my best behavior around you from now on! LOL!

K, I'm starting now.

And I have to agree with Amy and say I'm so glad you and Justin are in Childress. We need fun, spunky people moving in and not out!

Janet said...

Thanks ladies!! We are so glad to be here too!!

Charla~I thought you were SOO genuinely nice when I met you! I just KNEW we would be friends :)