Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Justin and I make resolutions EVERY new year. We sit down and write them out and post them somewhere that we will see them everyday. Do we follow through? Sometimes...sometimes NO. I still like to do it though! Here are mine:

  • Run Every Week. (I wanted to be more specific and say 3 times every week...but I know that life can get in the way somtimes...so if I'm running at least once every week...I'm still doing good!! For this 1/2 marathon I'm running 4 times a week...so don't worry!)
  • Spend less time on the computer. (I spend a LOT of time on the laptop. It's taking away from my duties as a mom and house wife. SO...I'm limiting myself to once in the morning, once at nap time and after the kids go to bed...I NEED to do this!)
  • Go to church every week. (When we moved to Childress we didn't go to church a lot, the priest was hard to understand and the community is just soooo different from Vernon's very active church. Plus...Justin works almost every weekend. BUT...we got a GREAT new priest and we have gotten to know the church community...and we love it! Now we go more often. I want it to be something that's non negotiable...we go EVERY week.)
  • Take out contacts every night. (I tend to leave them in for WEEKS at a time. what really hit me is an assistant at the eye doctor that said, "Some people just don't value their vision". That hit me...what am I doing? It's not something to mess around with...I don't want to LOSE my VISION!)
  • Do something that makes me feel like I'm making a difference in people's lives (other than my family). (At Vernon I was the sponsor for Builder's Club and at church we were very involved with volunteering...here I haven't volunteered for ANYTHING! I feel that it is what's missing in my life...I love how much I RECEIVE when I give my time to help others. Giving is truly much better than receiving!)

What are your resolutions?

No comments: