Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crafts

I've been working on some crafts lately! My sweet Childress girls, Amy & Alana, have kind of gotten me hooked!!! I've always been a fan of decopauging with Mod Podge (do you remember I did Natalie's letters for her room?) Well...I did "JOY" for Christmas....and most recently I did LOVE for Valentine's day and coasters!!! I'm in the process of doing XOXO frames for Valentine's day and a clipboard :). Who knows what else I'll pull out of my sleeve! Here are some of the things I've been doing! (some finished...some NOT...I'll try & post the finished products too!)


First I painted my LOVE letters WHITE with craft paint. This took about 3 coats.

Then I used Mod Podge to adhere scrapbook paper to the letters. Then I put 2 more layers on top. They turned out VERY cute (notice I still have nothing on my walls...I have no clue how to even start!!!)

Amy & Alana invited to "craft day/play date" one day and I had NOTHING to do...but I brought my scrapbook paper & Mod Podge :). Amy had 4 tiles & showed me how to make coasters...VERY easy! Mod Podged the SAME way I did the letters! After the coasters sat for about a week...I sealed them with Polycrylic so that liquid wouldn't seep in over time. They have felt on the bottom (thanks to Amy also!) I plan on making these often for gifts...so you may get a set!!

Here are frames (2 of them spray painted black) that have Valentine's Day scrapbook paper in them. I plan on gluing little clear stones/marbles to make XOXO on them. I have it...just being lazy! I actually saw this on a blog...and then I saw that Amy and Alana did it already...don't great minds think alike??
Here's my clipboard...I plan on Mod Podging the paper on it and putting that pink paper at the bottom and a little saying. Then I'm putting CUTE paper on the back too!!! I'll post finished product pics soon!!
I'm planning on doing some sewing projects too!!!!

5 comments:

James & Kelly said...

Cute Cute Cute!!! I need to get off my butt and finish decorating an old window for Jayton's room...maybe I'll find some creativity this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Janet.Hearty creations from you.WIsh you all the best.

Cheers!!!
Exclusive Valentine Specials 4 UR Beloved|Send gifts to India

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I feel the same way about my walls, Janet. I just don't even know where to start. I'm stuck. I need help! Very cute projects. Makes me wish I wasn't working so I could join y'all! When I get home, I'm too pooped to start any projects so nothing ever gets done.

Unknown said...

Very cute! All of them look great!

Amy said...

LOVE the LOVE! Such a great plan to stack them like that! SUPER CUTE!

I wanna do a clipboard, too!!

We really need another craft day/play day soon! I'm having project withdrawels!!:)