Monday, July 26, 2010

Wanna hear a funny story?

The other day Cole came running in my room and said, "Mommy, do you wanna hear a funny story?" I said OF COURSE and he proceeded to tell me that his train was on the track and then fell off...and then he cracked up laughing. haha! I LOVE the things kids say!!

This week I have LOOOOOOVED watching them together. They've played pretty good together. Cole likes for Natalie to help him build tracks. He says, "Thank you Baby! (this is Nat's nickname) You're a good helper Baby!" I LOVE that! haha!! They also love to read together. They sit up on the couch and Cole reads to her. You can hear Natalie asking him, "What that is Bubba?" as she points to something on the page. He says, "That's ______ baby!" haha! adorable! They love each other so much (but then boy do they drive each other bananas too!)

As for me...I've started a new era...I've come up with a cleaning schedule!! I've been a stay at home mom/wife for a year. I keep a pretty clean house...but there's no method to my cleaning...which means I do it all in one day and end up worn out...and nothing gets DEEP cleaned. SOOO...after a few weeks of researching...I came up with this! Hopefully it will help me stay organized when I start keeping the Chisum girls in August! (can i interrupt this post to give you a Natalie quote? "Mommy, I want MORE chocolate milk!" me~"OK...can i get some in a minute?" nat~"hehehehhehe, Ok mommy! I love you mommy! hehehehe")

Monday: Daily Chores, Deep Clean Kitchen & Bathrooms, vacuum, wash Justin's clothes

Tuesday: Daily Chores, Deep Clean Bedrooms

Wednesday: Daily Chores, Vacuum, Wash Kids Clothes, trash, Deep Clean Playroom

Thursday: Daily Chores, Deep Clean Living Room/Dining Room, wash Justin's clothes

Friday: Daily Chores, Vacuum, trash, clean refrigerator out, wash my clothes, Bills

Saturday: Daily Chores, Grocery Shop, Vacuum

Sunday: Daily Chores, Trash

Daily Chores:
  • make beds
  • wash dishes (or load dishwasher & run it at night)
  • sweep kitchen
  • Clorox wipe through the house
  • pick up bathrooms (swish & swipe...see flylady.net)
  • de-clutter for 15 minutes

So far so good! I've done Friday-Monday so far! (OK...I still have to deep clean the bathrooms...but I actually did this on Thursday for a babysitter...so it won't be too bad today!)

I just need a plan...i make running calenders & workout calenders & LOVE it! I told Justin that I'm the world's best employee...because I THRIVE on having someone tell me what to do! I always go ABOVE AND BEYOND. Staying home has been hard because there's no one to tell me what to do. Justin is too scared to do that here :) I actually asked him to and he preferred not to! haha!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I do much better with a plan, too! I LOVE flylady! I use alot of her advice.

I haven't seen your kids in FOREVER! We're definately gonna have to do some craft days so I can come craft, help with all the little ones at your house, and visit!

Looking forward to tomorrow!