Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of Preschool

It's here! Cole had his first day of preschool!! He has been so excited & talking about it so much! I thought for SURE he would be fine today. NOOOOOOO. He cried & wailed, "Mommy, stay here with me!!!" I left...and didn't cry outwardly...haha! I had the two little miss "thangs" to take care of! They played separately...but seemed to have fun. Natalie would randomly ask, "where'd Bubba go?" When I told her preschool, she'd say "Oh, O-tay".


When I picked up Cole & Chandler they were sitting quietly, just painting away! Ms. Angie asked them to wash their hands, so they did...and Cole put away his paintbrush. She said that he would NOT put paint on his hands to do the traditional "first day of school handprint" on the wall :(. (One of the girls I taught for 7th grade about 3 years ago has her handprint up there too). He also wouldn't make a crown. I think he associates crowns with "princesses" and he is NOT a princess. He's always hated me to call him a prince...he prefers big boy. As for the handprint...I'm hoping he does it Thursday...if not, I will try to stay late with him so we can do it together.


They told me all about preschool & how it rained when they were outside & Ms. Angie said it was muddy. haha! They were very excited & I hope it goes as well the rest of the week! (minus the crying!) Here are a few pics! (the ones with the little girls are just "pretend". they wanted to pretend to go to preschool too!) The outside pics were the ones RIGHT before we went to school! Inside ones are after preschool!











2 comments:

aschneider said...

Awe! Cole is such a cutie. I can't believe Cole and Taylor are in preschool. It seems like just yesterday they were teeny tiny babies!

Amy said...

I LOVE it! Such sweet, sweet little girls and guy! :) You've gotta get that handprint up there!! YOU HAVE TOO!! Miss you and YES lets get together for coffee next week! Tuesday morning after drop off?