Monday, August 23, 2010

Preschool!

Today is the first day of school for kids in Childress...and Cole will start preschool next week! There is no Monday-Friday preschool in Childress (other than through the school district), so he is attending two different preschools. One, with Ms. Angie, will be on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8am-10:45am. It is a Christian based preschool with an emphasis on social skills. The other is with Ms. Carol...a former teacher. They will meet on Wednesday from 8am-9:45am. It is more "school" oriented.

We took Cole for a little "one on one" meet the teacher on Friday (Angie). He walked in and was a little apprehensive, but he quickly warmed up and found the cars to play with. We are so excited for him! He WANTS to learn and REALLY needs to be around more kids his age...especially boys.

When we left, I asked him what his favorite thing about preschool was. He said, "Angie". Awww...so sweet!

Official, "Open House" for both are this week. Angie's is Thursday afternoon and Carol's is Friday morning. I am really looking forward to meeting the other kiddos & parents...even though we knnow most already! I know there are 10 in his "Angie" class...and we know at least 4 of them.

On another note...I turn the big 30 this week!!!! Mixed emotions...but mainly ready to get it over with!

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pierce Family said...

Why is Cole not going to the district preschool?

Janet said...

Hey Alicia! I'm not sure what the qualifications are to go to the school district preschool. I was always under the impression that it was income based? I need to check it out...because if it is open to anyone I may try it next year!

Amy said...

Hey, hey! I am SO GLAD you are joining the 30's club with me! Although I'm closer to the 35 club than the 30 club now! LOL! We really need to plan a lunch date! Is there a day Justin can sit with the kids and we can go grab a bite to celebrate? Let me know!

Cole is going to LOVE Miss Angie and Miss Carol. They are both soooo great! Hope things are going good for you this week! Miss ya!