Sunday, August 1, 2010

Nook!!


I finally got a Nook! Happy early Birthday to me!!! I've been hesitant to jump on the "e-reader" bandwagon for a while. I like books, I like to look at my books, etc. However...one day I was talking to my dad and he said, "I love that you love to read...but think of all the boxes that you move EVERY time you move and how much space all those books take up!" Well...little do most people know...you see a lot of books in my house...but I have probably 6 more boxes (or more) of books in the attic. I have my "girlie trash" books in my closet (sookie stackhouse books, twilight) and my favorite fictions that just don't look pretty in my living room bookcases.


Needless to say...I love my nook! We got the 3g/wifi one and while the SWEET employees at Barnes & Noble in Lubbock helped me set it up...I downloaded 15 free books. Pride & Prejudice, Anna Karenina, Sense and Sensibility, Mansfeld Park, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion (just to name a few!) It literally took 5 seconds! I walked out of that store with 15 books in one tiny nook! As we were driving home I bought 2 more books (Literary Sweet potato Guernsey society or whatever it's called...ALANA!) and then today I bought 2 more :)


I can access facebook on it...and it's pretty decent! I'm wondering if I really even want an ipod touch anymore! I DID download a newspaper...and I wasn't that thrilled with it...but it was ok if you really wanted it.


Overall I am so happy with my purchase! It's the most expensive thing I've ever bought for my own personal use...so that was a bit scary...but I LOOOVE it!!
After I got my nook I met up with my sweet YOUNGEST cousin...Alyssa! She will be attending Texas Tech in a few weeks & is here for Spirit Days with her mom & dad. I'm sooooo excited for her!! It was so cute to see her with Fred & Laura! They both went to Tech and are just as excited as her. I can't wait to do that with my kids!!!

2 comments:

aschneider said...

Patrick and I moved so many books, they didn't fit in two cars...and one's a pickup. Perhaps I'll ask for a nook for Christmas!

And I can't believe Alyssa is already in college...does that mean we're old ladies??

Kelli Davis said...

Okay, so I'm curious-- I've been thinking about getting an e-reader for a while, but can't decide b/t a nook and a Kindle. I'd heard that the Nooks were frustratingly slow in turning pages (probably only a few seconds delay, but when you're reading it's noticeable.) What are your thoughts? Why a Nook versus a Kindle? Do you have ANY problems with it??