Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Cole!!

(pictures from Cole's Star Attraction Day at Ms. Angie's)







I can't believe my first baby is FOUR YEARS OLD!!! It doesn't seem like 4 years ago TODAY that we brought him home from the hospital in the snow. :) I'll never forget laying on the bed with Justin to take a nap when we got home (as my mom watched Cole)...and looking at each other with big wide eyes and crying. WHAT ARE WE GETTING IN TO? haha!

Back to my four year old! As soon as he woke up on his birthday, he said, "Am I FOUR today mommy?" I said yes and he said, "COOL!". He told everybody about it all day. We had a small birthday party for him on Friday (his actual birthday). My parents, Justin's parents, my sisters, Brittainy (next door neighbor) and her 2 kids and my friend Alana and her two kids all attended. We had pizza, cake, ice cream and a fun Buzz Lightyear Pinata! I think Cole had a great time! He's very rarely the center of attention...and i think he enjoyed it! His big gift from us was a bicycle with training wheels! He got lots of games and thomas the train stuff too! It's going to take a while for him to figure out the bike, but I think by summer time he'll have it figured out!

What is my FOUR year old up to?

  • He is potty trained completely! He doesn't pee overnight (except on the rare occasion) and goes #2 on the potty!
  • He talks like a grown up now! (with his little boy "r"s and "l"s of course). Today he was talking to Natalie and said, "Did you do that or didn't you? Tell me the truth!" haha!
  • He is a pleasant young boy to be around! He likes to please and just gives you the sweetest grin when you acknowledge something he's done well.
  • He looooves to write his name! I don't have many papers or bills or envelopes without his name sketched on them!
  • He is ALL BOY! I'm so glad because he's surrounded by girls most days. He spends a lot of time driving his trucks around them or flying his planes into their doll house or pouring dirt on them. :)
  • His best friend is now Daddy. I knew this would happen...especially now that I'm not as fun. He loves to do everything Daddy does...especially fixing things.
  • He is SUCH a helper! I tell you...4 year olds really can do just about anything you ask them! It's been NICE!!!
  • He's starting to eat better! He ate (wait for it....) Steak and Green Beans the other day! I was sooo impressed. However, we have to call it "cow" for him to eat it! haha!

I'm sure there are so many other awesome things he does that I'm not posting. I just love him! He's "my favorite boy". (I tell him this with a kiss everyday) I can't wait to see what this year holds for him!! I'm so proud to call Cole my son!!! (pics later)

2 comments:

Suzanne Schwertner said...

AW!!! Happy Birthday Cole!

aschneider said...

I remember the day he was born! We were at grandma's and kept calling for updates thinking MAN THIS IS TAKING FOREVER! Later when I got the birth announcement in the mail, I remember thinking he was such a precious, BEAUTIFUL baby. Now he's a precious, HANDSOME little boy! Love you, Cole!