Monday, February 28, 2011

Our Katy Beth!!!

Well, our sweet little baby is indeed a girl!!  At our first ultrasound, we weren’t 100% sure, as her knees were up to her chest & wouldn’t give us a good shot.  I was so hesitant to make purchases or do anything to prepare for the arrival!  SOOOO…I opted to do a 3d ultrasound in Frisco while going to see my dear friend Kelly. 

Luckily we found out that YES she’s a girl!  DEFINITELY a girl!  haha!  It’s amazing how much more clear it was this time!  Our silly girl has her legs folded up and her feet are by her face.  Natalie did the SAME thing!  She is currently breech…makes no difference to me since I will have a c-section anyway!  HOWEVER, it made it very difficult to get good 3d photos.  I wasn’t too impressed…so…but it was neat to see her face!  I think she looks a lot more like Cole than Natalie!  She already has chubby cheeks!!  We got to see her yawn and I SWEAR she’s chewing on her umbilical cord…hopefully not :)  haha!

Sweet profile 

SONO_2

Feet right in front of her face!  You can see one really well.  To the left of the picture is her arm bent, so you see her elbow.  Her hand was covering her face in this photo too…haha!  Shy girl!SONO_3

Her face in 3d (profile)…her umbilical cord is going over her nose/eye…so it’s making it look a bit bulbous…haha!

SONO_8

Well, as soon as we left the ultrasound, it was time to shop!  I bought her a cute outfit at Carters…as did Auntie Jess (I also got a matching top for Natalie…so far they have 2 matching outfits :))  I also splurged and bought part of her bedding.  It’s the only one I've wanted since we found out she was probably a girl.  The only bad thing is it’s pottery barn…eek!  I just bought the quilt and bed sheet.  I’m trying to decide if I need the bumper and bed skirt?  I also want to buy the twin bed sets too…but its all so expensive.  Hopefully I can catch a good sale!! 

hayley bedding

We are really worried about Natalie in this whole process.  If you’ve met Natalie, you know she has the total Princes/Diva personality.  I guess we’ve spoiled her a bit and she’s always been “baby” to us.  She’s having a hard time accepting that she’s not going to be the only princess anymore.  She will soon get her big girl twin bed and move into “Bubba”’s room until the baby is around 6 mos or so (sleeping through the night..so maybe a year?)  She was at first excited and is now saying that “Katy Beff” will sleep in Bubba’s room.  We will be potty training and transitioning rooms at the same time, so I HOPE we can play up the BIG GIRL thing and she will be ok.  Plus, she loves her brother, so I think it will be fun for them. 

1 comment:

aschneider said...

I love the bedding! I got Addie's on sale at PB and it wasn't very expensive at all. I think that the bumpers are cute but really pretty pointless, so go without that if you're trying to save.