Thursday, June 2, 2011

Katy Beth has arrived!

It has been a whirlwind of a week!  Our sweet baby girl is here! 

I was scheduled for a c-section Thursday, 5/26/11 at 7:30am.  I’d been having a hard time sleeping, so i asked the doc on Wednesday if I could take a tylenol PM.  He told me to take TWO so I would be nice and rested.  My family came in that night and I took 2 while talking to my mom & sisters.  I guess I missed the drowsy bit and just kept talking.  I ended up NOT sleeping all night!

We got to the hospital at 5:30 and I had like 5 viles of blood drawn and an IV put in (first try!  yay!).  at around 7:15, they wheeled my bed to the OR and I got my spinal block.  It HURT!  In fact, I later learned that I got a nerve clipped…it’s ok now…just hurt my back for a few days.  The anesthesiiologist was great though!  A good old country boy with a camoflauge hospital cap.  LOVED IT!  Justin and I asked our dear friend and family doctor, Dustin Pratt to assist on the surgery with Dr. Henderson, and their other bicycling buddy Rudy joined the team!  The initial cutting seemed to take forever, but this was because I have a LOT of scar tissue.  It may be an issue if we decide to have more kids.  (good thing we aren’t thinking about that any time soon…or ever!)  FINALLY they got to the uterus and there was a TON of tugging and pulling and then Dustin pushed down on my upper belly.  Dr. Henderson delivered my Katy Beth at 8:04am!  She screamed almost immediately!  Of course I cried with joy!  I got to see her all white & covered with goo…and a head full of dark, dark hair!  Luckily I had no nausea and was able to admire her when they gave her to Justin.  I had to have an umbilical hernia repair, so my surgery lasted a LONG time!  I guess it was about 9am when I finally got to see her and hold her. 

Let me tell you, she came out sucking on anything and everything and she took right to breastfeeding.  We spent about 30 minutes together…just Justin, Katy and I…and then we brought in the rest of the family.  Cole, Natalie, my parents, sisters, and David and Linda were all there.  Cole and Natalie were SUPER excited!  Cole’s smile didn’t leave his face for the first few days!  haha!  Natalie was very happy too!  They wore special “Big Bro” and “Big Sis” shirts that Amy Horton made them…sooo cute! 

We did so great that day that I felt bad for justin just stuck in the room with us…so I told him he could go ride his bike with Dustin & Rudy (haha….sounds funny).  It wasn’t until recently that I realized my hubby left me at the hospital on the DAY our baby was born to go ride 28 miles.  haha! 

It was a great day for us and we are so thankful our Katy Beth is here and safe and beautiful!  God is great and our family is perfect!!

No comments: