Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A whole new world!

I just wanted to give a quick story about our new life with Katy Beth!  I will post all about her birth and the first week tomorrow…but this is pretty funny!

Today had been pretty lazy.  I waited to shower until later…and was feeling pretty great!  My sweet friends Amy & Jason Horton were about to be here at any moment to drop off dinner (honestly…this was a great dinner…STEAKS…wow!).  The kids were outside with Justin and the slip & slide and my mom was at the store.  Katy and i were just enjoying time together.  I changed her and as soon as I did, she pooped.  I changed her AGAIN…haha!  We traveled to the living room and she pooped AGAIN!  I sat her down and ran to get a diaper & wipies so I could just change her in the living room.  I changed her and she pooped…before I could close her diaper.  THANK GOD it stayed in the diaper & didn’t go on the carpet (yes…I changed her on the floor for some reason).  ONly problem was, I didn’t have a clean diaper.  I couldn’t pick her up with a gross OPEN poopy diaper.  SO, I ran to the bedroom got ANOTHER diaper.  When I got back she was on her side…but no poop on the floor.  PHEW.  At this moment, Natalie walks in (in her swimsuit) and says, “I need to go Pee Pee!!”  I told her to wait while I finished changing Katy.  Natalie wasn’t too happy.  Next thing I know she says, “I need to go pee pee NOW!”  She reached down, grabbed Katy’s arm and tried to drag her or pick her up or SOMETHING!  I screamed and she dropped her arm.  I made sure that Katy’s shoulder wasn’t dislocated and then started crying and took Nat to the bathroom.  By this point Natalie was crying, “I love Katy”.  We made it through that fine and then I saw Amy & Jason pull up…and Katy pooped AGAIN!!!!!!!  AHHH!!!!!!  haha!  We visited for just a bit and as soon as the Horton’s left, Justin came in with Natalie and I told him the events of the past 20 minutes or so.  At that point Natalie screams from the play room, “I went poo poo!”  Yes, she had pooped in her swimsuit.  She had to poop, that’s why Justin had brought her in.  We got her in her underwear (why even put on more clothes at this point?).  Everyone (except Natalie, Katy and me) went back outside.  I was sitting Katy down in the living room in the bouncy seat (which Nat had to bounce hard a few times) when I heard the front door open.  I look out the front window and see Natalie in her underwear only heading away from our house.  I ran out there and asked where she was going.  “I’m going to Kade’s house”.  Kade is the son of our new neighbors & friends two houses down.  REALLY?  Two year old Natalie, you think you can walk out of my house in your braids and underwear and go visit a BOY!?  I don’t think so!  haha!

 

SIGH!!!!!  Life has changed!!  (I’ll add…Cole was nicely playing slip & slide during all this!)

2 comments:

Suzanne Schwertner said...

Sounds like you had a pretty "crappy" day. ha!!!! Okay, maybe that wasn't as funny as I thought it was. Hee! I would say my life is pretty boring compared to yours.

Loving Life in Trubyville said...

So funny!! :) Katy is a beauty!! I am so happy for you and your adorable family! You are one blessed lady! ;)