Thursday, June 2, 2011

Katy is 1 week old!

katy glider

Katy Beth, I can’t believe you are one week old!

  • You are a very SLEEPY girl!  You could sleep all day if I let you!  (notice I say DAY…you tend to be awake at night.  Last night you slept great though!)
  • You suffered through a bout of Jaundice and scared me to death!  Apparantly billiruben levels below 10 are safe.  You were scanned on Monday and you were at a 15.  We re-scanned you on Tuesday and you were at 16.4.  We were told to put you in the sun for 15 min 3x/day.  You LOOOVE basking in the sun :)  Today we had you scanned again and your number was 11!  Dr. Henderson said you will be fine! 
  • You looooove to suck on things (especially mommy).  If I could attach you to me all day, you would be the happiest girl on earth.  Unfortunately you like a pacifier…I had to give in because I was starting to be in pain and sooo sleepy because you were TRYING to become one with my breasts!  haha!
  • You like to poop after a diaper change…almost every time!
  • When you are mad, you let it be known!  Your scream can be blood curdling and ANGRY! 
  • Cole is your hero.  I always told everyone that you would know my voice and Cole’s.  Sure enough, if you hear Cole talking, you will turn your head and search for him!
  • You are pretty chubby!  Your cheeks are so fully and adorable and your little arms are pretty cute & fat too!  (baby fat cute!)
  • Nobody wants to lay you down, so you have spent the past week in everybody’s arms.  Daddy especially wants to be holding you whenever possible!

You are a very loved little girl Katy Beth!!  This week has flown by…I hope I don’t blink and see you as a teenager soon! 

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

A week already and she's still as beautiful as she was that first day. Love you and miss you Katy. Grandma

aschneider said...

Such a beautiful little girl! I love reading about the kiddos interacting. Such an exciting time! Love you all!