Friday, June 10, 2011

Two Weeks Old!

Katy Beth, you are two weeks old!  The time SURE flies!!

What are you up to?

  • You sleep really well!  You have yet to wake me up at night!  I try to wake you up every 2.5 hours to eat…but sometimes it turns into 4 hours.  :)  Makes for a happy mommy to get at least one 4 hour stretch per night!
  • You like to sleep right next to mommy! 
  • For some reason you sleep unswaddled during the day and swaddled at night.
  • You love to watch and listen to Bubba and Sister! 
  • Your umbilical cord fell off (ahem…got torn off by daddy’s shirt!) last Saturday.  It is still bleeding…eek!
  • You HATE having wet diapers!  Chances are, if you start an ANGRY cry…you have a wet diaper.
  • So far your favorite baby item to sit in is the bouncy seat (thank you Chisum family!!).  You do NOT like the swings!!
  • You don’t mind your baths (still doing sponge baths while the umbilical area is bleeding).
  • I pretty much had to cut chocolate out of my diet because it makes you gassy.  BOO!  :)  just kidding!
  • You still seem really tiny, but I think you are finally putting on weight…at least I  noticed your thighs getting thicker!  YAY!  You get that from Mommy!!
  • You like the cheapest pacifier there is.  We discovered this after buying 3 other more expensive kinds.  Nice :)
  • We go threw a 36 pack of newborn diapers every 3 days.  You tend to “stain” the diapers often. 
  • I tried off my “sleepy wrap” (like a Moby wrap) and you LOVED it!
  • We have gone on 3 walks and you fall right asleep!  You also like to be in your car seat IF the car is moving.  If we stop…you cry.

Mommy of the year award goes to me today!  I woke up and changed Katy’s diaper and realized that it was the last one in our room.  She wet that one immediately and I went to her room to find another…ummm…no more!  I finally found ONE more after she pooped that one!  Having no other choice, I loaded the kids up and we went to United at 8:30 in the morning for diapers!  Our first trip out, just the kids & me.  We did good!  It was nice to have Cole tell me if she was breathing, awake, asleep…etc.  He would say, “She’s fine” or “She’s sleeping”, or “She’s smiling at me!”  haha!  Such a helpful big boy.  (by the way…both big kids have strep throat…so its killing them not to touch her or kiss her.  I’m hoping my breast milk has super strong antibodies to keep Katy safe!) 

Our 2 week appointment is on Monday.  I’m hoping to hear that she has gained weight back up to 8.2!!!  I also am anxious to hear what they say about her sleeping at night.  I think that Cole and Nat were released to sleep as long as they wanted at their two week appointment.  I think she would sleep all night! 

No comments: