Monday, November 16, 2009

A week away!

Justin and I decided that we wanted our paneling PAINTED! On a whim we called a local painter. We agreed he would start Thursday. Since he would be painting our living room, entry way, and hallway...we decided that it would be best if the kids were NOT there to mess it up. We packed up and went to Lubbock Wednesday! I thought we would only be there until Friday. Turns out...the painting took until Saturday and it was very smelly. My parents were traveling to Austin and then San Antonio for the Rock & Roll Marathon & 1/2 marathon. They took us along with them!!!

Friday around 4pm we headed to Austin with my parents and sister. Luckily they have a big enough vehicle (Chevy Traverse....awesome!) We got to Austin around 10:30pm (i think?). The next morning my parents & sister went to San Antonio with my other sister, Jessica and her boyfriend Matt. The kids & I stayed with my Aunt Suzanne in Austin. It's always so nice to stay with her because we chat the day away and she loves my kiddos...and they love her! We played with the kitties and were spoiled by Suzanne :). We also got to meet the lady who did the mortgages on BOTH of our houses & several of our friends/family...Carrie. She is EXACTLY how I imagined her...meaning SUPER sweet & beautiful! I'm soooo glad we got to meet up with her!

Sunday, Jessica ran the Marathon (26.6 miles) and my Mom ran the 1/2 marathon (13.2 miles). I was soooo impressed! Jessica did say she would never want anyone to run a marathon...i guess that means it's no fun? Care to elaborate? They both did awesome and I'm soooo proud of them! Several friends of mine also participated in both events...WAY TO GO!!!

That same day we got to spend the afternoon with my cousin Alyssa. She is 18 (can NOT believe this!) and will be moving to Lubbock in August to attend Texas Tech! I'm soooo excited for her! She is BEAUTIFUL and SMART...and has the BEST personality. I can't wait to see what great things she does!!

We got back to Lubbock Sunday night around 11:45 or midnight...then we woke up and came home this morning. Both kids are congested and coughing...I'm hoping it's just allergies and the changes in altitudes...we shall see!!

Natalie is walking everywhere these days! She's not afraid one bit and it's adorable! And...Suzanne...she's been a princess today...sorry she was so gripey after her naps at your place!!!

No comments: