Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Running Again!

I've gotten sooo tired of starting to work out and then stopping because its hard to bring a DVD and workout when traveling (which me & the kids do often). Soooo...I've decided to start running again! I avoided it for a while, but now I'm back in! My goal is a 1/2 marathon which will be April 11th in Dallas, "The Big D". My sister is running and maybe my mom! I'm trying to get some Childress girls in also!!!

If you're reading this and thinking...NO WAY could I run a 1/2 marathon (13 miles), YES YOU CAN! My mom had never run in her whole life...well...maybe a little here & there. She just finished a 1/2 marathon earlier this month! It took her about 7 months to get up to it. It is possible.

Right Now I'm working up to a 5k. I'm following a program called "The Couch to 5k". It involves walking and jogging for 25-30minutes 3 times a week. By the end you are running a 5k in 30 minutes (or quicker). today I did 2.3 miles in 25 minutes. Not great...but my best time all year (that involved walking...fyi!)

And...my motivation? Sarah Palin. She's one smokin' hot momma who always finds time to run!

Not to mention I love her politics. But that's another blog...haha!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Janet, I'm so proud of you for running. You will do great at the Big D. I may go ahead and sign up for it too.