Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon



Yes, I'm a Twilight saga fanatic. I mean...I tend to be a bit obsessed. I read Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse in the fall of 2007. It is my favorite book saga of everything I've read. (if you know me...you know I read...A LOT). New Moon was the HARDEST book to read! The emotion is so real and true...and RAW!
Anyway...the movie. We've had our tickets for over a month now. We got to Tinseltown in Lubbock at 8:00pm and waited (inside the lobby) until about 11:30. We were then allowed into the theatre. It was great! I cried eVERY TIME Bella screamed in her sleep. I'm not sure why...the agony/pain was just too much for me.
New Moon facts that I think are cool:
~This movie was filmed in a "warmer" color than Twilight to symbolize the "warmth" that Jacob brings into Bella's life...as opposed to the "cold" that Edwards brings.
~Originally the "Jacob jumping in the window" scene was left out...but Chris Weitz (director) added it because it was too necessary!
~Supposedly...this is the movie Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart fell in love while acting...
~Taylor Lautner almost didn't get to play Jacob. They almost used the man who played Sam. He had to "prove himself". (I'm soooo glad they kept him as Jacob!)
~Rob Pattinson thinks that Edward is much more depressed than Stepehenie Meyer lets on in the book.
~Stephenie Meyer wrote Edward's version of Twilight, "Midnight Sun". (it's only 1/2 done and you can read it on her website). When asked if she would do that for New Moon (write Edward's version), she said no...it would be too depressing & painful to do. WOW!
I can't wait to watch the movie again and buy the DVD! I will be at Walmart at midnight when they release it on DVD!!!

2 comments:

danielle s said...

if you want to get me the perfect gift for christmas, it would be that poster you have posted!!! TEAM EDWARD!!!! lol

Janet said...

Sorry...that one is a fake...can you believe that? Is there another one you would want?