Thursday, February 25, 2010

Good Books


I've been doing a LOT of reading lately!!!
I just finished Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It is a Christian Fiction novel (my first)...and it is probably one of my all time favorite books. It's set in the 1850's Gold Rush era in California. The main character, Angel, is a prostitute. The story is of a man, Michael, who follows God's wishes for him to take her away & marry her....and his struggles to help Angel. I was soooo overcome with emotion reading it. Seriously...go out and buy it!!! AMAZING! Thanks Alana for recommending it and letting me borrow it!!




On a completely different reading genre...I've been reading the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I'm just loving them! So simple and fun! I got the first book after Christmas and am now on the 8th book :) It's a more "adult" version of Twilight...yet very unique. The series was started long before Stephenie Meyer started Twilight...so its not a knockoff. Although...I wonder if Stephenie didn't get some of her ideas from Charlaine Harris...??? We've been watching the True Blood series also...very good!

I also read Dear John last week...and then saw the movie. Yes, the movie ends a little "better" than the book (I guess you can say that)....but the book is WAYYYYY better! Typical Nicholas Sparks. My sis also loaned me The Last Song...so I hope to knock that out this week!

I've read a few more books since Christmas too...The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, The Traveler's Gift and The Gift by Richard Paul Evans. All good books!

4 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Redeeming Love is AMAZING! All of you talking about reading it makes me want to read it again, which I rarely do!

I'm reading Dear John right now and just got a biographical book in the mail from Thomas Nelson Publishers about, guess who? Jane Austen! They will send the books free if I read them and do a little review of them on my blog and on their website. Pretty cool. Anyway, sounds like you've been busy in the books! I can't imagine anyone not reading.

Alana said...

I am so glad you loved Redeeming Love as much as I did! I have been forcing it on everyone that comes into the library...we need more copies ;)

danielle s said...

you forgot to mention who got you the first book of the sookie stackhouse series :)

Loving Life in Trubyville said...

Loved Redeeming Love!! Cried through many of the chapters!