Sunday, February 28, 2010

Running update


As you know...I've been running since November (I think?) It's down to the wire...the 1/2 marathon is less than 2 weeks away!! I'm nervous and very excited!! Today I ran 9 miles and it wasn't as bad as I thought! I've found that running is so much more fun if I don't look at it as a competition...but...if you know me...you know that's VERY hard for me!!! Today's run was slow & easy and I tried my HARDEST to not be consumed with what my time was. Cole, Natalie, Justin & Maverick even met me about an hour into it to give me some water. Very sweet! I have several friends who are running the race in addition to my mom & sister! I'm so proud of you all!!!!!

Friday, March 12...we head to Plano and will stay the night with Jessica (my sister). Saturday we will go check in at the Dallas Convention Center. Then we check into our 2 bedroom suite in Dallas. (my parents, sisters & my little family will be sharing this). Sunday we will be racing at 8am (I think)...ironically...that's the same day as Daylight Savings time change...urghhh.... Then we get to stay the night at my favorite Homewood Suites in Frisco!

Speaking of that hotel...Justin and I like staying in a 1 bedroom suite so we can have a separate room from the kids. We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Frisco this past July. It was 109$ per night (not bad!) When I went online to look at the price, it was $149 for the upcoming trip...but the one in Plano was $109. I decided to just call and see if there was anyway they could match that price because we'd rather say in Frisco...but if they wouldn't come down...we'd stay in Plano. SURE ENOUGH...they lowered the price! I was soooo excited (I'm a stay at home mom...it's the little things ;)) Anyway...I learned a lesson! There's always negotiating when it comes to hotels!!!

3 comments:

James & Kelly said...

Whoo hoo!!! RACE TIME is almost here! I know you'll do great and getting out of town is always fun! I wish I could ; )
maybe I can meet ya'll for post race lunch or something. Have fun!

Alana said...

YEA!!! I am so excited. You are going to do GREAT!!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

You go girl! I'm so proud of you! Can't wait to hear how it all goes! And way to go on saving some money for the hotel! I'm all about it! Sounds just like something I would try to pull off! :)