Monday, June 30, 2008

10 years come and gone

I made it through my ten year reunion! (pictures later!)

It's amazing how easy it is to step back into the roles we had ten years ago. Some of you would have been shocked to see me shrink back down to that little girl. BUT...some of my high school friends were probably surprised to see a different Janet. (this is what I've been pondering in my head ever since) Most importantly...I spent good, quality time with an old best friend, Krystal. We lived a 1/2 block away from eachother from 7th grade-12th grade. Almost every minute of that we were extremely close. We went bike riding together, went walking around on Halloween together, went to Homecoming together, etc. I was there for her getting ready for all 3 proms. (the first...she was the only one of us to go...and I told her that her hair was PERFECT even though she cried because she hated it..haha). I've seen her struggle with her mom, heard her struggle when she found out she'd become a mom & now I've seen her BE a mom! She's amazing! I'm so proud of her...and she's VERY talented! Her husband is amazing too. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to spend time with her. (And...she's a total knockout...think Katie Holmes!).

It was great to see other people too! Of course there was the b-ball crew...Kelly (cross country buddy/competition), Diane, & Mandy. I've never seen Mandy more herself. I think I really like her husband!!! Kelly...wow...BEAUTIFUL!! My one regret is not talking to her husband more. He was SOOOO sweet & just seemed like the neatest guy. I'm going to HAVE to get to know him!! (hint, hint Kel!!) Diane...same Diane. That's what I love about her. She will always be Diane. I told Krystal (when we were deciding what to wear), "Diane will be in a polo shirt & jeans, lets just wear jeans". SURE ENOUGH! And her husband is the most amazing guy ever. He always has a hug & tons of stories to share & he's just...well AWESOME! They are the perfect match! I love you girls!

Justin & I really loved Stephanie's husband. He is just so....different. He and Stephanie are the perfect match. He does NOT care what the world things & really lives to his own beat & that is so cool. (I describe him as just cool! haha). One day we are trekking to College Station to go to his bar!

It's funny how you expect to see some people & just be able to talk about ALL these great times you had. Sometimes you do/can. With others you can't. My senior year & 2 years of college were spent with an old boyfriend. Our relationship ended, but I always look back at us & smile. We were buddies & friends & had really funny times. I soooo looked forward to bringing back memories & laughing. I reallly had this strange thought that we would all share a table & our spouses would even talk! Boy...that didn't happen. It was so sad. But you know...time changes things and people.

I had a GREAT time though. One thing I really learned is, while I had a GREAT time in highschool, I'm so glad we all moved on and grew up. I'm having an even BETTER time now. I have the MOST amazing/crazy/loving husband ever. I have the best little boy and a feisty little girl (in my belly). I love our little house we've built up. This is the best life I could have ever imagined!

2 comments: