Sunday, December 13, 2009

Are you talking to me?

My kids say the cutest things!! Before I start my list, I thought I'd clarify that Natalie's "talking" is probably not understood by most people. I'm with her 24/7...so I understand it. haha...and who knows...maybe I'm ASSuming she's saying things...but I really thing she is!

Cole:
  • "Grandma need be nice" this was AFTER a nap...he was scared of my mom...only thing we could come up with is he had a bad dream. After about 10 minutes...he was in love with grandma again.
  • "oops...Cole toot!" (needs no explanation)
  • "I ove you too Mommy" (or Nini, or daddy, or baby, etc)
  • "Cole want Apple" This can actually mean, "Cole want waffle" if he says it after he is asked "What do you want for breakfast?"
  • "Cole not a baby, Cole BOY!!" This is usually after he pees his pants and I ask if he's a baby.
  • "Cole a dough boy"...not sure why or where this came from...
  • "tootles" This has always been Mickey Mouse. On the disney show they say, "OH TOOTLES!" so...it was one of his first words. haha...
  • "atties" Batteries. you may think...why would a 2 year old say batteries? WELL...what do choo choos run on? Batteries. At United there is a big energizer battery on top of the display. Cole always finds it and says, "OOOOH...BIG Attie!"
  • "Papa eel" translation-Papa wheel...or a Semi Truck. Justin's dad, "papa" drives a semi...therefore ALL semi's are "Papa Wheels".
  • "NO!" This is his favorite word these days!

Natalie:

  • "Nack" This is "snack". It means goldfish or puffs. She points at the cabinet.
  • "awa" This is water. She may point at the fridge OR to the bathtub...ha.
  • "na na" Naked. She does this when we are changing her clothes. She rubs her tummy and says it. very cute! (or when taking a bath)
  • "Anta" Santa! I didn't believe justin at first when he told me she said it...but she knows who santa is!
  • "pee pee" Today I was blowdrying my hair in the bathroom. I saw her by the toilet. Then I saw Cole's potty seat on the closed toilet. She said, "PEE PEE!!" So I put her on the toilet to go....she didn't. Oh well...
  • "baby" She LOVES dolls! Anytime she sees one, she must hold it and says "baby". This is why santa is getting her 2 :)
  • "choo choo" This either means a train (we have a lot around here) or a movie. She thinks ALL movies are choo choo movies. haha...

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love that Cole says 'batteries'...haha. Tay say's 'nack' for snack too! I hope that we can get them together soon b/c they are going to be SO cute.

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Could "Cole a dough boy" be "Cole a good boy?" Just a thought, but who knows! Maybe he's just saying he likes carbs! Ha!