Sunday, December 6, 2009

Books

I've been a crazed reader lately!!! I re-read the Twilight Saga before I saw New Moon. Then I moved onto my book club pick, "Sheet Music". VERY good book!!! I highly recommend it to couples on the verge of marriage...possibly even young women. It really emphasizes saving yourself for your husband. Anyway...every married woman & man would learn A LOT from it!!

December's book club book is "The Christmas List" by Richart Paul Evans. You should read it! It is about a man who wakes up to read his obituary in the newspaper....pretty much saying how mean of a person he is. He wasn't dead though. It follows him as he goes on after the obituary...kind of Scrooge like? Anyway...AWESOME! I cried! Finished it in 24 hours...hahaha!

Yesterday I finished, "The Last Summer (of you and me)" by Anne Brashares. She also wrote The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. ANYWAY...It's a story about sisters and a friend that meet every summer at Fire Island NY. It's about sisters...love...friendship. It took a while to get into it...but I hated to put it down & hurried to finish it. I really liked it!! (read it in 24 hours too...I'm crazy!)

Next up: Some book that I got at B&N on sale...forgot the name and it's in my nightstand, Sarah Palin's book, and I hope to get some Jane Austin books for Christmas (hint hint). I watched "Lost in Austin" and I think it's about time I read Pride & Prejudice. I don't know why I've boycotted it for so long....seems like a good story! Happy Reading!

No comments: