Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas is almost here!!!



We are ready for Christmas at the Pierce house! Santa's #1 elf got all the presents wrapped already! (so I heard) The Christmas ornament balls have all been taken off and eaten/broken several times now, the Christmas books have bent pages from thorough reading, and the "magic" that "Buddy the Elf" was making is starting to fade. Cole was pretty good about being a good boy for about one week. One day Buddy didn't even leave him a piece of candy. Cole didn't care.

It's been a busy few weeks! Friday, 12/10 Justin's regional team had a Christmas party in Amarillo at Greg Ammons' house. It was a BEAUTIFUL home! We had a great time & got to see Allen & Melanie, our friends from Vernon. We even got to stay the night because my mom stayed with Cole and Natalie! They had a GREAT time with their Grandma (or "Ma Maw").

Friday, when we got back, we had Justin's store Christmas party. The store catered it and we all brought desserts. It was fun...and we already have great ideas for next year! Santa came to the party also!!! The place we had it at was all decorated for Christmas and there was a perfect scene & chair for Santa. Cole took one look at santa and ran away. My mom used grandma magic on him to get him to go. He was ok in line, but when it was his turn...he frowned & backed up to him...WOULD NOT LOOK AT SANTA! We got some pictures. I'm just glad he didn't scream like last year. Natalie was good too! She just looked at him. Later, Cole decided he wanted to sit on Santa's lap again. This time he told him he wanted choo choos. haha!





On Thursday, 12/17, we had the Manager's Christmas party at our house. It took a lot of work and cooking on my part, but it was a success! I was actually not feeling well the night before, or the day of (dehydration), so Justin cleaned the house. I rolled out of bed at 3pm. Our menu was: Pork Tenderloin (United made this...yummy) with Raspberry Chipotle sauce, Green Been Bundles, Twice Baked Potatoes, Raspberry Vinaigarette Salad, and Mini Cheesecakes. It really was a gormet dinner. We fit 20+ people in our house and it wasn't too bad!

Natalie and Cole are having so much fun these days! They are really in to chasing eachother around the house. Natalie can run now....so it's a little dangerous..but funny! She can also say Santa...."Danta" and runs to point at him all the time. She just started saying "Thank you" when people hand her things...I don't have to remind her anymore. Today...she fed her kitty macaroni while she was eating. Today Cole cracked me up, "Mommy, I go take nap, then Ma Maw come. That be cool?" I had told him that TOMORROW Grandma would come see him. Yesterday we went and drew signs on our driveway for Santa to see. "Cole and Natalie have been GOOD", and "THIS WAY SANTA!" with arrows leading to our door. haha....they had fun!

Tomorrow my parents are coming...I'm soooo looking forward to giving them their gifts! My mom is also going to help us make cookies for Santa! Thursday we have Christmas Eve mass at 8pm and then the traditional reading the Luke Nativity scene and read the Night Before Christmas. Friday morning we will open presents and then head to Vernon for Christmas with Justin's parents. I'm looking forward to it all!

We have been so blessed this year! Merry Christmas! I'll leave you with the lyrics to one of my favorite kids Christmas Songs!


Happy Birthday Jesus
I'm So Glad Its Christmas
All The Tinsel And Lights
And The Presents Are Nice
But The Real Gift Is You.

Happy Birthday Jesus
I'm So Glad Its Christmas
All The Carols And Bells
Make The Holiday Swell
And it's All About You
Happy Birthday Jesus
Jesus I Love You!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Janet and Justin, The two of you are AMAZING parents, bringing up your kids with such love, fun and imagination. These are the kind of memories that will live in them forever. I still think back of all the fun times with had with all 3 of you. Keep up the good work. I award you two "2009 Parents of the Year"!! Love ya'll so much!
Momma

amy willard said...

You kiddos are so adorable!!!! Merry Christmas to your family!