Monday, December 14, 2009

Running update

Just thought I'd give an update on my running adventures! I start my 1/2 marathon training TODAY! I will be running 4-5 days a week and cross training/strength/stretching 2 days a week! I'm soooo excited! I need a challenge and a goal...and this is it! I've been doing 3 miles through various routes here in town. I've been scared of the hills behind my house... I ran it once in May and quit halfway up the first hill. Just QUIT! Saturday, I took my dog and we went to attach the hills. It was FUN! Maverick took my mind off the hills and I loved the view. I'm looking forward to more runs out in the country with Maverick! He needs to get in shape too!! Did I mention that I'm running the Rock and Roll Dallas Marathon? I'm VERY excited!!

Have you heard about Ryan Hall? His story is AMAZING!

"My parents were strong Christians," he continues. "I definitely believed, but I wasn't really strongly pursuing my faith. I was playing baseball, basketball, football--I was into, like, the cool crowd at school. And then one day traveling down the mountain to a basketball game, I got this random--I describe it as a vision, but you could call it an idea, whatever--this thing pops into my mind where I am looking out at Big Bear Lake, and I think, well, it would be a great thing for me to try and run around that."


Within a few days, him and his dad ran the FIFTEEN miles around that lake. He was only 13...they only stopped ONCE! He then dedicated his LIFE to running...and his faith in God. I recommend reading the story. He's a humble, yet dedicated young man! You can read the whole article here.





2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I'm so excited to start training. I"m so proud of your hard work. I know being a stay at home mom can't be easy to find time, but you have. Way to go!! Can't wait to run with you and Jessica. Now lets convince Daniell to run with us some day. You hear that Danielle? hee.

Cherubics said...

Hey, this guy looks strangely familiar. Like i seen him in the streets or something.