Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Letter of the Week!

(please ignore the ugly brick & windows...this is our play room...not outside!) Today Cole (& Natalie) and I started our "Letter of the Week". I thought an hour would be good. Hahahaha....it lasted about 10 minutes max. While I have two toddlers...I've never TAUGHT (like curriculum) to toddlers. Duh! If a middle schooler only has 15 minutes (max) attention span...of course toddlers is much less. I think I read somewhere that the attention span is 1 minute per year of age. That is about right. After Cole colored his "big A", he told me, "I'm done Mommy". I convinced him to color "little a" also though! We read, "Big A Little a what begins with A? Aunt Annie's Alligator A.....a.....A!" Cole thought that was neat. Now we are going around the house saying, "A is for Apple! A is for Apple!"
I think we will search for A's in books & magazines....watch a youtube video of Sesame Street with A (if I can find one)....eat APPLES & Apple sauce....and listen to an A song. So far so good!

While Cole was coloring Big A...I thought...WOW! He stays in the lines!!! AMAZING for a barely 3 year old!!! Then we colored Little a. Not so much! haha! Natalie's color choices were VERY spring-like. hehe!
Later, (close to nap time) I saw Cole & natalie playing on the floor. It was so cute...then I got up close & realized Cole was smooshing Natalie's cheeks together and just LAUGHING his head off! It was very cute & pretty darned funny. Natalie thought it was fun too!

3 comments:

Alana said...

Will you teach my gals also? you are a super Mommy :)

Mary Ann said...

This school stuff was a great idea. You are doing a great job with them. Before you know it they will be singing the alphabets all by themselves. Keep up the good work! You're a great mom.

Janet said...

Well...Alana...I figured Chandler would have fun with us too!!! PLUS...she can teach Cole the ABCs! She sings that to us all the time!