Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Natalie is a SCARED little girl :(

I made a DUMB move yesterday and didn't even realize it! I was flipping through the channels and came across the movie, "Tremors". I stopped and watched it and then got distracted. Natalie and Cole had been playing in the play room, but all of a sudden I heard, "OH NO MOMMY! OH NO!!!" Natalie was crying and scared. Well...one of those darn snakes had eaten a man! EEK! I flipped the channel and told her it was pretend and kicked myself for making my baby witness that! I figured she was ok... Um...NO!

Last night she had her stories read to her and prayed....and then the drama started. She wanted the light ON...but that wasn't good enough, she wanted us to carry her and hold her and read to her and SLEEP IN OUR BED. I tried to just shut her in her room...but I felt guilty because she was SHAKING. She kept saying, "There's something out my window". Which of course there WASN'T...but I felt strange trying reason with this 1 year old! haha! Cole went and gave her a kiss and said, "Baby...there's no ghosts or monsters in your room!" (not sure if that helped or hurt the problem...lol) I even got my statue of Mary (Jesus' Mom...you know...a Catholic thing) and let her give her a kiss and put her on her dresser and told her that Mary was watching out for her. Worked for a little bit....but Finally I agreed to let her stay in my room, but she stayed up for at least an hour talking. "Mommy, listen to me...I'm talking to you!". "Mommy, I love kitty and Bubba and Daddy and You and Grandma and Grandpa and Mimi and Papa..." "Look Mommy, Kitty's playing Hide & seek...PEEK A BOO" This seriously went on for an hour. FINALLY she fell asleep. She woke up about 3 times telling me to "TURN DA LIGHT ON!"

Today I went to lay her down for a nap (12:30pm) and it was daylight and she STILL wanted the lights on! I tried laying on her floor while she was in her crib...but she talked, and talked...so I finally got out of her room and she screamed for a few minutes...I went back in there and she said, "Mommy I cried for 10 minutes already". Seriously? How does she even know that? After a kiss and hug for Mary...she finally crashed and I got a good nap in!!!

Lesson learned...do not EVER EVER EVER let your babies catch a glimpse of a scary movie. It is totally not worth it! :) I promise to try to be a better Mommy! Hoping for a better night tonight!

3 comments:

danielle s said...

hahahahahahahahaha oh this brings back memories of when I was tramatized by IT when I was 7. Years from now, she'll probably still be afraid of snakes.

Amy said...

That is so SAD!!! Don't feel bad. It happens to every Mommy once! Then it breaks our heart and we are much more careful after that! At least she didn't catch a glimpse of a "dirty" movie! lol!!:) Miss you!

Pierce Family said...

Not too long ago, Suede started saying the monsters were going to get him. I have no idea where he got it from, but he would come into our room in the middle of the night. I would have to get up and put him back in bed. My mother-in-law told him that no monsters could get in, because they didn't have a key to the house. (Just telling him there is no such thing didn't work.) It worked, because from then on he hasn't had a problem.