Monday, October 4, 2010

Our 7th Anniversary!






Today Justin and I have been married for 7 years! It seems like yesterday in so many ways....but it also seems like a LIFETIME ago too (actually 2 lifetimes ago!) We've been together ALMOST 10 years!
During the time of getting ready for our wedding we were opening up 2 new Market Streets in Dallas. We literally worked all day and either saw each other all day or didn't see each other at all. I was overly stressed planning a wedding in Lubbock...while working and living in Dallas. Our wedding day was the BEST DAY EVER! I relaxed and married my best friend! Everything was perfect in its imperfect way! Our cake tilted a bit, i had a big pimple, it sprinkled a little, we hardly had anyfood at the dinner...haha! The honeymoon was our first vacation in a year and I was in SHOCK! lol! I wish we were going on a trip to the Mayan Riviera RIGHT NOW! lol! Maybe for our 10 year!!!
In honor of our 7th anniversary, here are 7 things I love about my husband:
1. He looooooves me :)
2. He works so hard to provide for us...seriously...I'm so proud of him! (and...I've always thought he's soooo sexy in his United manager shirt!)
3. He is an AMAZING father. If I had to go on a surprise 2 week trip alone today...I would have NO doubts what so ever about leaving the kids with him. We are equals when it comes to parenting! In fact...our kids would probably rather be with him than me...haha!
4. He forgives my crazy moods...which have been more common the past few weeks ;)
5. He takes care of me. I always feel safe and loved when Justin is with me. (unless it's a tornado...haha...long funny story)
6. His faith grows daily...and really...he is the epitomy of good. If you know Justin you know he is one of the RARE, downright good men. I look at Justin and KNOW that God is good!!
7. He is my best friend. There's nobody I'd rather be with at anytime. I share everything with him and he keeps me sane. I still get butterflies in my tummy when I see him and I still can't believe he's mine forever! Thank you God!!

3 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

That made me choke up! Happy Anniversary, you two!

Mary Ann said...

Happy Anniversary!! Your wedding day was perfect!! I still hear people to this day talk about how perfect it was. Of all the married couples I've known, you and Justin are the only ones that I see the love between the two of you, not just in pictures but in person. You have kept the magic going. Congrats on 7 years!! I'm so proud of both of you.

aschneider said...

Happy Anniversary to such a wonderful couple. What you have is so special. :-) It is a blessing to be such true partners with your spouse. Love you both!