Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Alzheimer's

I opened the newspaper today to see a picture of one of my favorite professors of all time, Dr. Michael Flavin, on the front page. He taught me in the "Legislation" and "Municipal and Metropolitain Problems" (government classes). We spent many afternoons at Market Street chatting about life and politics. He always remembered me and was always on my letter of references. No matter how many years had passed...I always new I could ask him for one...he insisted!

Now...he's not dead...or even deathly ill. It's just so sad. His mind is so great...I hate to think of it deteriorating. And...as a common soul...I wonder if that might happen to me one day. Nothing can prevent it.

Anyway...Here's to Dr. Flavin...a great mind...and an even greater person...May the medical geniuses of the world find a cure and your mind be spared!

1 comment: