Friday, October 2, 2009

Amazing/Sad story

Through Kelly's Korner blog, I came across a blog "family" she had asked her readers to pray for.

http://bandssullivan.blogspot.com/

It's the blog of a couple married for 5 years. She got cancer...and found out she was pregnant. She carried the baby to 37 weeks and delivered her. The baby was in ICU for a while, but she grew healthy and they were able to take her home. After being home for 2 days, the mom got VERY ill and died in the hospital.

It is such a sad, sad story...but the amazing part is the faith and strength that the husband/dad has. Please pray for this sweet little family...

It's stories like these that make me eat up every single minute I have with my babies. Every night as I nurse Natalie to sleep...I remember that day when i was 7 weeks pregnant and I thought I was having a miscarriage. I remember those 11 weeks that I REFUSED to get attached to the baby...because I just knew something would go wrong. And then I remember the day I found out she was a girl. When I hold her at night I look at her hands and think that one day...this hand will wear a wedding band...one day it will hold her baby... I feel so BLESSED to have two healthy and wonderful babies!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Janet, I am almost positive that this is Patrick's sister's best friend. Afton told me about the story last week. VERY heart breaking. You might get ahold of Afton if there is something more you would like to do. I know that Erin (Patrick's sister) was devistated.

Janet said...

Wow...thanks Amber!