Monday, October 5, 2009

11 months!!!


My sweet baby girl is ELEVEN MONTHS old! Can you believe it???? Next month she will be ONE! Wow. We are so excited to plan her "Princess" birthday party!! I have a VERY strong feeling she will be a tom boy, so I'm doing pink & princess while I can. Why, you ask? Hmmm...maybe because she pushes trucks, cars, and tractors around all day? Maybe because she's mean & can beat up her brother? haha...


Anyway, here are a few neat things about Natalie on her 11 month birthday:



  • She is *almost* walking

  • When she doesn't get her way, she throws her head smack down on the floor in a full blown fit. (especially traumatic when its on the tile or outside on the concrete...)

  • She eats anything and everything. If you are eating, she wants to eat it...and will if you set it down. When I give Cole his lunch...she stands at the bar by him and cries for his food. Yesterday she pulled down half of his tuna sandwich and was eating it...

  • Yes, she's still breastfeeding. Why is this so shocking to people? The AMA recommends breastfeeding to AT LEAST one year of age? I mean EVERYBODY is shocked by this!

  • NO...I'm NOT trying to wean her yet. Thank you for asking :)

  • She has been working on her top back molars for about 2 weeks now...soooo ready for them to come in!

  • She has 10 teeth

  • She has FINALLY decided to sleep all night (most nights). This is from 8:30pm- 6:30am or so.

  • She wears size 12 months

  • She weighs a little less than 20 lbs

  • She still LOVES her brother more than life itself! When she wakes up from a nap...she is miserable without him.

  • Still VERY smart. We tell her to go get "bubba" and she crawls to his door and waits.

  • She gives hugs and kisses to me & her dolls (when i ask her to)

  • She says (with complete understanding), Momma, Daddy, wawa, Night Night, Naked (both of those are "na na"), Kitty Kat (tiddy tat), choo choo, and Done.

  • She signs, "all done" with her hands.

  • She loves to play patty cake and peek a boo on her own...and she pretends to go night night. :)

  • She eats any crumb left on the floor. I sweep the floor ALL DAY LONG...and she still finds things. I think she hides things to eat later.

And that's my 11 month old baby!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She is adorable...and ps..I'm not everybody, I'm good with breastfeeding...well if she turns 5, I'll have to pull you aside. ; ) Love ya!!

Amy said...

She's just precious!!

I nursed 2 of my 4 until AT LEAST a year. I think it was more like 14 months or so actually. The other two have minds of there own and decided earlier that they didn't want too! :( More power to ya girl!!

Not sure about the weather tomorrow, but if it's nice, we'll head to the park again. I'll let ya know!

Amber said...

I think it's great that you are still breastfeeding. I think that people might not understand it or ask you b/c most people stop when they start eating table food. Not saying that's the right thing to do but I see it as the norm. Do it as long as you want to!
So, is she standing independantly? I want video =D I bet it's so cute!
Oh, and there is still a chance that she could be a girly-girl! She will just have to come spend a week with Taylor =D

Janet said...

Amber~yes...she's standing independently for shot spans of time. It's an improvement! As for the BFing. I guess it's just different everywhere. The norm of most people I know...is they keep breastfeeding as normal once they start table foods. Hahaha..different strokes for different folks!